Welsh Area and rugby

jamieow

As we all know, the Welsh area is on the wkend 17th/18th March.
Wales are playing the old enemy (England);) at in Cardiff on 17th.
Has anyone got any plans for catching the game or what pubs in Swansea will be worth going to - we're not playing till sunday arvo.

Naval Nick

I had to let my tickets go with the area that weekend. Anyway the result is a forgone conclusion now, with Wilko and all included. Come on England!!
Six Nations glory beckons!!!!

tinytimp

I'm going to be so busy that weekend! Going to make you all jealous and brag about how I'm singing at the Millennium Stadium before the game on the Saturday! I'm so glad we're playing Sunday, I'd never be able to turn that chance down! Although I'm sure I'll still need to be putting some last minute panic practice in on Isaiah 40...oh well...

At least I get to watch the game this year, not like last year's Scotland game being on the Sunday. Saying that the announcer did keep us all updated on the score between bands :clap: .

P.S. Naval Nick... Wilkinson?? You're actually thinking he'll still be in one piece by then?

LeDragon

Has anyone got any plans for catching the game or what pubs in Swansea will be worth going to - we're not playing till sunday arvo.

Alright Jamie - I'm going to be watching it in the bar at the Brangwyn - I'm sure that they had a big screen there last year so I presume it will be the same this year.

Bryan_sop

Same weekend as the L&SC areas to, just bad planning!! 3 Matches on that day.....How's my liver going to cope?! A contest AND lots of real sport AND it's the weekend after payday!!

Come to think of it...anyone know any decent bars near the contest venue in Stevenage where we can see the England Wales match??

bigmamabadger

Alright Jamie - I'm going to be watching it in the bar at the Brangwyn - I'm sure that they had a big screen there last year so I presume it will be the same this year.
That's not the Brangwyn in Harlech is it?
Spent many (un)happy hours there one day last year...
BMB
xx

bigmamabadger

I was intending to come down and watch the Welsh areas/rugby, but it seems I'm going to be swinging through trees with the greatest of ease and then going salsa-ing. Oh what have I done...
BMB
xx

Try the Wig and Pen ...they have a couple of big screens there and the beer is ace ....the food is ok too. About three hundred yards (metres:mad: ) from the Brangwyn http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/87/8746/Wig/Swansea