Weenie needs help

weenie

I'm tring to find out if a tutor book entitled 'The Complete Bandmaster' is still available. I think it was written by Dr. Dennis Wright circa 1963?

Maybe Roger might know, or can anyone else help me?

Roger Thorne

Can't help you with this one.

Although I've found reference to the Publishers 'Pergamon'.

PM Charlie Brighton (Highams) or Peter Bale.

I seem to recall one of them posting on here their personal list of Brass Band Books. They might be able to point you in the right direction.

:wink:

I'll have a search for you this evening in the uni library catalogue - we've got some wierd and wonderful publications! Will hopefully return with something positive later this evening.

PeterBale

Staff member
iggmeister said:
Weenie
I'm not sure that that publication shows you how to properly hold drum sticks!Igg

I always find a piece of kitchen roll or silver foil is good, as it stops the grease running up your sleeve :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kari Anson said:
I'll have a search for you this evening in the uni library catalogue - we've got some wierd and wonderful publications! Will hopefully return with something positive later this evening.

Finally had a look tonight - sorry for the delay and no, we don't have it. Sorry

Straightmute

Weenie - I've got a copy. What in particular are you looking for? I'm reluctant to let it out of my sight as it's a bit of a rare commodity but I'll help if I can.

PM me if you haven't already got a copy for yourself.

D

weenie

:wink: I don't need anything out of it. I had a customer email me to ask if we published it or not, but we don't, so I wondered if any of the good people from tmp would know who published it and if it was still available.

Cornetto

weenie said:
:wink: I don't need anything out of it. I had a customer email me to ask if we published it or not, but we don't, so I wondered if any of the good people from tmp would know who published it and if it was still available.

aaaahh and we all thought you were gonna become a conductor... youve had plenty of experience of wavin your stick around tho so why not ;)

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.