Wed 11th Feb 2004 6pm BBC2

groovy

Hmm, cryptic!

Are you going to be making a guest appearance on the Simpsons? :lol: :lol: :lol:

flugelgal

I can't watch - it's band night and I work late then go straight there :cry:

What am I missing???

Kirsty

Seedhouse

It's a new game show called "Traitor," that started on Mon, in which there are 8 ( i think) contestants with two of them being "traitors."
The other contestants have to accuse the other contestants of being these "traitors" (not knowing who the traitors are obviously) by asking questions etc. But they can also make errors by accidentally voting off the people who aren't traitors.
Once either the traitor has remained undetected and everyone else has been voted off, or the contestants have eliminated all the traitors. The prize money of £5000 is divided up between the remaining players.

It's easier to watch to figure it out! Lol! :lol:
Shall watch it again tomorrow!

lynchie

well i guess we'll know if you're a traitor or not pretty quickly... just hope no one else on the show i on tMP!

Seedhouse

They tell you who the traitors are at the beginning of the show, but if you turn away you don't know who they are, which to me makes the show far more enjoyable. I really like it!

Dave Payn

I watched Traitor on Monday and found it thoroughly entertaining! I've even been thinking of putting myself forward as a contestant (hopefully a traitor!)

So, the person we know....... Peter, Roger, you Kari????

Can't watch it, though. Straight from work to conducting a band tonight! Have to get a colleague here at work to tape it!

Cornishwomble

The maths bloke was a plonker but, I would rather he won than that Poora woman, I wanted to throw her in one of her grave plots!

You made an interesting point as well Kari about the fact that being a psychology student or even a gradualte doesn't make you an expert. I'm a psychology student as well with the O.U. and like you said you only cover snippets. Plus there was a study in the U.S. with people like the police and the F.B.I and it was shown that people who you would expect to be able to spot liars were no better than everyone else.
Hence Steve's bad showing!!

Another thing you looked a bit sheepish when you told them you played in a brass band, why!!! After all no one would admit to that live on television if they were lying :D

It was certainly fun. All expenses paid trip to London (stayed in Knightsbridge). The filiming for the discussion took 2 hours and was edited down but I think the editing was a fair representation of me. The maths dude was far worse in real life - they had to warn him to stop being so rude on many occassions. I got completely drunk with Steve all the way home on the train (about 2 hours worth of red wine) and as a consequence SuperSop kindly drove me to band that evening as I was rather bladdered!

I'm not very good at game shows etc - have never won anything on any of them but it's all good fun.