watch out there's a virus about!

super_sop

Supporting Member
I just recieved an email from a friend, thought it was a bit odd as it had an atachment with it that looked strange.

After checking with my mate we decided it was a virus (pretty obvious as they hadnt sent me any mail!)

As you can see iy looks and reads pretty profesional, and included a gif at the bottom sugesting it was from Norton.

Anyway, if you recieve one, check with the sender befor opening!

heres the email!
"Dear User ,

This is A very High Resk Virus Alert.

This email is sent to you because one or some of your friends has been infected
with The W32.BlackWorm.A@mm Virus.
And you could be infected too.This Virus has the ability to damage the hard disk.
This Virus infects computers using many new ways :

1- it arrives as an email attachment inside of jpg pictures.
2- it infects the ip address without the victim's knowledge.
3- it infects Microsoft Word Documents using a new exploit in hex (00fxf0xf10x).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
Symantec Consumer products that support Worm Blocking functionality automatically detect this threat as it attempts to spread.
Symantec Security Response has attached a removal tool to clean and prevent the infections of W32.BlackWorm.A@mm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely
Norton AntiVirus"

Anyway just thought id let ya know as it was one i hadnt seen beore.

Okiedokie of Oz

I find it amazing that IT peeps can read and write binary, or basic, or HTML or whatever so well, but they suck at english!!!

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.