Was I hearing things?

Bayerd

Just watching the Apprentice, I could have sworn I've just heard an orchestral version of Mephistopheles.

Does anyone know if there are any other orchestral versions of Contest Marches?

toby hobson

Just watching the Apprentice, I could have sworn I've just heard an orchestral version of Mephistopheles.

Does anyone know if there are any other orchestral versions of Contest Marches?

wasnt it slaidburn?
and the V.W. Tuba concerto
death or glory?

lol sounded like slaidburn to me ;)
but even better I'm looking forward to seeing the field of horses running towards Lord Sugar soon......

Bayerd

lol sounded like slaidburn to me ;)
but even better I'm looking forward to seeing the field of horses running towards Lord Sugar soon......

Slaidburn was in there as well, but after Mephi.

Incidently I thought Stuart was a gonner until he came out with the "running my own 3mil turnover company, paid for my own house with cash" etc

I'm reading Sugar's autobiography at the moment, and if he's telling the truth, he's more or less doing exactly as Sugar did by that age and that's got to be hard to ignore. His performance on the show doesn't portray someone with that kind of skill though.......

Thirteen Ball

There was a bit of Tantalusqualen and The Contestor as BGM for the section about Yorkshire Puddings on Jimmy's Food Factory last night as well.

Plus a bit of another march that I couldn't identify with 100% certainty, but I suspect may have been Black Knight. All brass band too, not wind band.

And a couple of weeks ago, radio 3 played Malcolm Arnold's 'Little Suite for Brass' on the breakfast show!

BBC in "We like brass bands" shocker!!

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Also there was a brief snippet of what sounded like a really old recording of The President on Walice and Gromet's World of Invention (also on Wednesday night). It was when they were talking about Brunel's Atmospheric Railway.

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
I'm not sure as I wasn't really watching it - just caught a snippet as I was doing something else at the time. Not even sure if it was the President....