Sold/Expired Wanted: round stamp sovereign cornet

a lad in our band has one in silver that he's looking to sell. Nice condition. We are in buxton, derbyshire. if you're interested pm me, and I'll pass on his email and phone number.
Steve

Rapier

Supporting Member
No the 921 is the bread and butter round stamp!
If you say so. My Round Stamp Sov had triggers. ( well, still has. Just not owned by me now). I don' think the 921 has them, which get a big no from me, as I think they are essential.

alks

What sort of price do the 921's fetch?

Oh and rapier the 921 is the Large bore Round stamp (globe stamp) sov - It was the top of the range and had both triggers. The other model was the 923 which was the medium bore model. If you had a round stamp sov then it would have been the 921.

al

Last edited:

dhanimiller

I traded it for my xeno, which you make think is nuts but Xeno's have a resale value of a pack of peanuts lol, this round stamp has been overhauled and serviced so I expect it will be the dogs ......

alks

I thought mine was 928? Oh well, never mind I play a Smith Watkins now anyway. :D
Yeah the 928 was the replacement for the 921 in 1984 - but I think it had the Besson logo on not the Boosey round stamp logo. Either way they both had triggers. The smith watkins was a further development of the 928 as the same guy who designed the 928 later designed the Smith Watkins. :)

Thornybank

Missed the 'got one' comment, but....

Got a 921 on the go.
Serial 921-693648, so 1983.
Doubel trigger in lacquer.
Cosemtics: some lacquer age stuff, but only a couple of tiny dinks.
Looks sharp from 2ft away.
Good valve action, lively sound.
Orig case in good nick.

GordonH

What sort of price do the 921's fetch?

Oh and rapier the 921 is the Large bore Round stamp (globe stamp) sov - It was the top of the range and had both triggers. The other model was the 923 which was the medium bore model. If you had a round stamp sov then it would have been the 921.

al
The 922 was the same large bore instrument but without triggers. Mainly sold into the European market I think for marching type bands.
There are a few in circulation though.

Photo: