Venus Transit

NeilW

Anyone else manage to see the little black dot on the projection of the sun this morning?

Neil.

Dave Payn

No, but our beloved railway companies, never ones to miss a chance to invent new, bizarre excuses, have allegedly, in London, used this as an excuse for a train delay this morning!

(Maybe they thought it might lead to an accident 'black spot'.....)

Well Worth It

Been a bit cloudy here today, and when they cleared, Venus was behind the LASCO C2 occulter.
Right Laugh for me.

DublinBass

Supporting Member
At sunrise here in Ohio, I got to see Venus with the naked eye. (The morning haze dimmed the sun enough). Then we got several good looks through a telescope and with a projector. Incredible :D

Nat

its been thundering here and cloudy so i missed it unfortunately but my boss was using it as an excuse for her perculiar behaviour- i say its her home planet calling her!!! :lol:

lynchie

looked directly at it for a few seconds... all of a sudden there were hundreds of planets moving across the sun, and apparently across my vision for the rest of the day...

disclaimer: all of this is lies...

six pints

well, i was up at 5 45 this morn to walk nto middle of durham, but i was still drunk so had to concentrate on walking. so i missed it.

2nd man down

Staff member
I looked at it with binoculars and now there's two holes clean through my head!!!

Mods..any chance of developing braille tMP?

Seriously, just saw it starting on the news before setting off to tMP and work.

Cornishwomble

I got it wrong again when they said look at it with the naked eye, I missed the word "eye" so watched it naked! Still just as well the weather was nice :wink:

groovy

I couldn't see it - too cold and cloudy here! :? My physics teacher was all excited but we missed it. Oh well.

TuTuKu

Roy Taylor said:
I got it wrong again when they said look at it with the naked eye, I missed the word "eye" so watched it naked! Still just as well the weather was nice :wink:

:shock:

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Picture

FYI, I was digging through my newspapers and I saw this picture taken at Daytona beach. It is very cool. 8)
Venus%20Transit.jpg

drummergurl

i saw the transition of venus (or woteva its called) in school, in my science lesson, it was somehow projected onto a lickle piece of paper, and was pretty cool to see