User names in odd places

BigHorn

Dyl the dog - as in 'I'm Dill the dog, I'm a dog called Dill' from the Herbs.

And there's that song 'I am the music man. I come from down your way. What do you play etc..'

PeterBale

Staff member
And don't forget our Music Man has had a whole show written about him, even if he does have to put up with 76 trombones :shock:

As for our Roger, I reckon he must be a budding ornithologist - anyone remember "The Thorne Birds" :?: :wink: :lol:

dyl

BigHorn said:

And there's that song 'I am the music man. I come from down your way. What do you play etc..'
Woof!

I've had this conversation loads of times - it's not pronounced 'Dill'! It's pronounced 'Dull' - and before anyone says it - Dull by name, dull by nature - that's me! :roll: :?

Dave Payn

As well as The Thorne Birds.....

The Chronicles of Nadia
Soldiers' Chorus from Naruco
Calamity Payn (Never a truer word spoken.....)

And wasn't there a South African cricketer by the name of Keppler Wessels?

Dave Payn

dyl said:
BigHorn said:

Woof!

I've had this conversation loads of times - it's not pronounced 'Dill'! It's pronounced 'Dull' - and before anyone says it - Dull by name, dull by nature - that's me! :roll: :?

Same could be said of me. Payn by name..... ;-)

Okiedokie of Oz

who in their right mind would call a kid "Dullan?"

That's setting yourself up for years of therapy sessions, and the kid up for years of being picked on @ schoo!!!!

Big Twigge

Not forgetting, spotted in many public houses and food stores, the almighty packet of snacks commonly known as Twigglets.

dyl

Okiedokie of Oz said:
who in their right mind would call a kid "Dullan?"
[rant]I'm not called Dullan - my name is DYLAN. I'm just pointing out the PROPER way of pronouncing this most Welsh of names before it was stolen by people who don't speak the language![/rant]

dyl

Haha! Good one! :lol: That's actually quite close isn't it - apart from the 'th' bit! 8)

HBB

That well known TV Series Bill 'n' Ben.

And, no lie... my brother is called William... shortened to Bill :x (Ask WhatSharp?)

WhatSharp?

Tis' True.

And just to prove how slow I'm getting these days I'd hadn't put two and two together until you just pointed it out!. DOH!

Don't think you'll find WhatSharp? many places.

HBB

You'll get it from me when i'm playing Kaleidoscope. THen i'll realise there is a sharp and go red! :oops: