urgent - really need your help!!

i have a small hole in my euph, it's big enough to make a buzzing noise when i play and i have a contest on sunday that im playing a solo in.

I've stuck some blu-tac over it for the time being (til my dad gets home) but it wnt last long as it keeps falling off.

What else can i do?!

dgibbons

get it from a hardware shop - use it to wrap round radiator pipes and things like that that have slight leaks.

Liz Courts

Hmmm...I've never heard of people having random holes in their instruments before... :? Well you learn something new every day!! :D

Okiedokie of Oz

I've seen a few cases Liz. It's amazinghow soft the metal used in your instrument is, incomparison to what metal is used for elsewhere in the world. I've seen holes from dints that have been too deep or sharp, corrosion where the moisture from playing has eaten through the pipe, and where solders have ripped apart taking some of the oppostie wall with it.

Fishsta

dgibbons said:
get it from a hardware shop - use it to wrap round radiator pipes and things like that that have slight leaks.
Thing is, PTFE tape is meant for wrapping round threads on joints... are you thinking of Self-Amalgamating Tape?

Okiedokie of Oz said:
I've seen a few cases Liz. It's amazinghow soft the metal used in your instrument is, incomparison to what metal is used for elsewhere in the world. I've seen holes from dints that have been too deep or sharp, corrosion where the moisture from playing has eaten through the pipe, and where solders have ripped apart taking some of the oppostie wall with it.
dint that went wrong was what happened

Blu tac and yellow duck tape is holding it together at the mo, but going to Brass Toff in warrington for the man to fix it hopefully this week!! poor eupho!