Unknown stars!!!

Paige

Following on from the fantasy bands thread.
Just wondering are there bands who have any unknown budding stars in it? You can be any section, including non-contesting.

Dave Payn

Croydon's 1st trombone (Howard Beagley)
Fulham's solo euph (Michael Dawson). Also Asako Mochizuki and Paul Steward on percussion. Stars all of them! ;-)

Having said that, they're all starts at Fulham in my book. Shame their principal cornet splits every other note, useless git that he is! ;-)

Okiedokie of Oz

The soprano player in South Brisbane Federal band at Easter. During Les Preludes his performance was absolutely gorgeous.

John Evenhuis from Capricornia Silver Band is as good a eupho player as some of the constantly named Aussie players, with the exception of perhaps Joe Cook. His tone is gorgeous, and he has this subtle vibrato that makes you wanna cry.

There are a lot of C and B grade trom players who let it rip and enjoy playing intheir own grade, but when they get promoted to A grade, they become nervous or lose their passion and something happens. I think some of the best trom players are hidden in middle grade bands.

ScrapingtheBottom

Okiedokie of Oz said:
There are a lot of C and B grade trom players who let it rip and enjoy playing intheir own grade, but when they get promoted to A grade, they become nervous or lose their passion and something happens.

The parts get harder perchance? :D

having run through a couple of top section pieces with the band (imagine dropping a piano down a flight of stairs) I can say that the trom parts are sometimes very un-trombony. High-pitched semiquaver scalic runs are enough to put the frighteners on most of us!

Naruco said:
:lol:
I dont know if ya bieng sarcastic or not... but if not....

That's not what I was told and the impression I got on Tuesday! :p~~~
:oops: it was (bad) sarcasism!

Is strange my middle G's are always flat!

(c ya tomorrow!!)