Uniform Design

Okiedokie of Oz

My view on Conductors -

I'm a member of the very band I conduct, so why I should have better/worse uniforms?? If my band has to wear a pink tutu, I'll wear one myself.

Aha, Mr McLaughlin, I remember you from our Newcastle Uni days (altho I was seen more with a viola I remember us sharing lifts to Greggs!)! Being a gent of sartorial elegance I'm sure your outfits are always wonderful. However, if you feel the need for advice may I suggest contacting Straightmute for advice? As the Northern Area's "fashion guru" he is always relied on to turn up in a natty little ensemble! :roll:

Rach x[/quote]

I thought this might be you! Glad to hear you're still causing havoc and I wouldn't have mentioned the V word if you hadn't! Not quite sure what the band equivalent of the viola is. As far s Fulham is concerned, it seems to be me who's the butt of most jokes! Thanks for fashion tips. If you're listening Mr Straightmute I'd be happy for any advice! :D

Jo Elson

Okiedokie of Oz said:
I said IF the band has to wear a pink tutu!!!

But should it happen, yes I'll arrange a photo!!
Maybe you should do it anyway, for charity say, and then send the photo and give us all a giggle!

Okiedokie of Oz

Well the next big concert I am thinking of for the band was going to be soundtracks.......But when I get around to doing a classical music themed concert, it's a done deal :wink:

brasscrest

Okiedokie of Oz said:
Well the next big concert I am thinking of for the band was going to be soundtracks.......But when I get around to doing a classical music themed concert, it's a done deal :wink:

We'd settle for a dress made from draperies :lol:

Jo Elson

Okiedokie of Oz said:
Ran the idea over with the band Pres tonight.....tutu concert under way in about May. He wasn't jokin' either :?

Excellent. For our band Christmas concert several years ago, we played swan lake and had the basses dress up in tutu's and do a lovely dance on the stage. Scared for life!

Okiedokie of Oz

Been there Jo, don't wish to see it again. Thank God I was moved to Bass Trombone for that contest!!

And no, Karly isn't an old flame (not that I recall.....we spent some time together at pubs and parties). Karly was co-1st Trombone when I was in Cap Silver. Made me feel welcome when I transferred. She transferred to Townsville upon getting a job after uni. LAst I head she sat in on some rehearsals, and she was excited because she was finally allowed a chance to play bass.

Okiedokie of Oz said:
You'd drive 10 hours just for l'il ol' us????

awwwwwwwww.............. :shock:

Hey, is Karly Rothery still with you guys???

Yeah Karly comes in for most rehearsals but isn't coming away with us this contesting season as far as I know. She usually doubles 1st or 2nd bone with the regulars...fantastic player! I'll say you said hi.

And yes I'm sure we'd be thrilled to make the drive. How often does one get the chance to see a brass band dressed up as balerinas

Okiedokie of Oz

I believe I have it on video somewhere. The ballerinas, that is. Did you guys go to Gladstone contest in 2002??

Karly doubled 1st with Cap Silver.

Going back to the whole uniform thingy.

We are now playing with grandad shirts and waistcoats in our colours and tartan. Although we are not making a huge fashion statement it is very comfy to play in, lots of room to move, the items are easily added to and it does look effective on stage. We bought a whole set of shirts and waistcoats plus spares for the same price of about three 'traditional' tunics. The girls wear trousers mainly for uniformity and also mute placement :oops: .

By the way, looking at the time of this posting, I'm not still in Australia but it seems my 2 year old son's brain is. He has been up since 3.30am he's all out of sync. Greetings to all you fine Aussies out there.

Grandad shirts are collarless shirts.

I don't know what's up with my boy he probably is missing Oz and the fab weather.

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.