Txt'ers: Can you beat this?

Dave Payn

dyl said:
Can you type the following into your mobile in less than 67 seconds?

"The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."

Mad!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3689819.stm

Hey, everybody; do you remember those dark and distant days when phones (even the earlier mobile phones) were actually used to call people?.... ;-)

Joking aside, talking about predictive texts, how often have you sent texts to your nearest and dearest saying: 'I'll be good in 10 minutes', or some such?

rutty

Dave Payn said:
Joking aside, talking about predictive texts, how often have you sent texts to your nearest and dearest saying: 'I'll be good in 10 minutes', or some such?

That's majorly annoying! I love predictive text though, it's speeded up my texting no end, seeing as I refuse to use txt spk. It even knew some rude words :)

flugelgal

I once was going to dinner with a friend i hadn't seen for ages and she asked if I was a vegetarian. I said something like "I foot like fish but I foot mind meat". I didn't notice and so she fed me a veggie dinner... :oops:

Keppler

Staff member
see - apostrophes are your friends... you could have been eating a nice chunk of dead animal, but oh no... let's be lazy, and disregard the humble apostrophe...
:p

Dave Payn

Other potential predictive text 'alternative words' (try them out if you don't already know!)

Andy
Pub
Beer
Duck
Lusty
Night
If
No
Cow
Rump
Fast
Lick
Dave
Concert
Cornet
Bass

And try typing 'flugelhorn' and see the strange word that comes up......

Dave Payn

In fact, I might change my name by Deed Poll to my predictive text alternative, Date Pawn

On that subject, how about:

Peter Able
Roger Thoroe
Caroline Twighf
Body Pullin

And see if you can work out which tmp-er's real name comes up as Manni Bosniri!

Andy_Euph

Can I ask people... how the HELL does predictive texting work. I can't use it and get extremely annoyed and end up throwing the phone at something/someone

flugelgal

Umm.. maybe you should just switch it off then Dave - what type of phone do you have?

(It works by you just typing the letters once and it tries to work out what word you mean. You then have to select the word you want if it's in the list. Alternatively you can say "foot" instead of don't...)

Ste69

Mine comes out correct. Can't remember if i've added it at any point though :D
Don't remember signing any txts with my name :!:

Dave Payn

Damn. This has given me an idea for a quick quiz. Work out the following brass band related things from their initial predictive text 'disguises'. No need to pm, just a bit of fun, post 'em here if you like! Mostly pretty obvious, anyway!

Restrico (Famous test piece)

Quite Gothsiste (Famous test piece)

Gilbert Tintes (composer)

Endems (brass band)

Arighmure and Pastribj (brass band)

Buy As You They Copy (Brass Band)

Petero Quite (Famous test piece)

Poor and Circumstance March (!)

Philip Occanm (soloist)

An Eric Symphony (duh!)

Cars In the Ballroom (famous solo!)

Empty Fathoms (and again!)

Big Twigge

Dave Payn said:
On that subject, how about:
Peter Able
Roger Thoroe
Caroline Twighf
Body Pullin
And see if you can work out which tmp-er's real name comes up as Manni Bosniri!
On my phone mine I come out as Caroline Twigie, am different between brands!

Dave Payn

flugelgal said:
Umm.. maybe you should just switch it off then Dave - what type of phone do you have?

(It works by you just typing the letters once and it tries to work out what word you mean. You then have to select the word you want if it's in the list. Alternatively you can say "foot" instead of don't...)

Nokia 3510i. Guess it's not the same for all! In which case, probably best to ignore the quiz I've just posted!!

Yours

Date Pawn

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.