Two go mad in Lincoln

ju33les

Myself and Tim (Timbone) are off to Lincoln 22nd March till the 26th. Just wondering if there are any bands local to the area that we could pop into for a blow?
By the way, this trip is our honeymoon so it would be a good diversion to the other things we have planned.......sightseeing and shopping of course! :wink:

jambo

Yup, from when I used to spend alot of time there I know of a few bands...

Silver Sounds Band was a non contesting outfit that were struggling a bit so always welcomed guests of any level. Even if the band wasn't particularly good they do have the best band club i've been to. Not in particular for memorabilia or concerts, just as an active social club.

They're based in Bracebridge Heath, Grantham Rd, Lincoln.

Other than that is the Fire Brigade Band who are a nice bunch and practice in the fire station in the middle of Lincoln and have a web site.

The beaver band (not sure exactly where but in the town)

The Foss Dyke band. Probably the best band in Lincolnhire aside from Ransome's and again a nice accomodating bunch.

happy honeymoon. :wink:

rutty

Foss Dyke are indeed a fine band - based around the Waddington area.

I used to play with the City of Lincoln Band - back in 1992/3 when I was serving in Lincolnshire. They're a friendly bunch too - they've dropped out of contesting in recent years and would almost certainly welcome guest players. If you can find them tell them I sent ya ;)

And say Hi to Zoe for me :)

yorkie19

Spliting hair mode activated............

jambo said:
Probably the best band in Lincolnhire aside from Ransome's

We're based in Newark, Nottinghamshire (about 6 miles from Lincolnshire and about 15 miles from Lincoln!!)
:wink:

Sam

bigmamabadger

No idea about bands, but if you like your ales you have to go into the Princess Victoria at the top end of town, and to Browns (also known as Mrs Miggins) half way down Steep Hill for pies.
Have a lovely honeymoon and get your head totally uncabbaged...
BMB
xx

PeterBale

Staff member
jambo said:
Other than that is the Fire Brigade Band who are a nice bunch and practice in the fire station in the middle of Lincoln and have a web site.
Didn't they also appear on television - Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub :?: :wink: :lol:

ju33les

:D
Have found a band to play with . The City of Lincoln band have opened their doors and invited us to do a concert with them!
We really must be mad to do this on our honeymoon...but anything else we might get up to is already being done before the nuptials!! :oops:
(shopping etc etc etc etc etc!)
Thanx for the good luck messages..anyone who knows Timbone will agree that I need it!
lol
Love him really! :wink:

ju33les

Sellers_Bird said:
the fire brigade band sounds good....men in uniforms! even tho ur on ur honeymoon u can still look! :lol:
:? Men in uniform lose their appeal after working with them day in day out!

ju33les

Yep.
wedding on the Thursday....party on the Saturday
Honeymoon on the Monday
Another one in April!(honeymoon..not wedding!)
All tailored to fit around contests and concerts! :lol:

I was married on a Thursday, good day to get hitched and are still together 18 years later, lots of love and congratulations on your big day.

ju33les

Just back from our honeymoon! :D
Was snapped up by the City of Lincoln band ,and during our stay did a rehearsal AND a concert with them!(gluttons for punishment eh?)
We would both like to say "thanks" to the band for having us and also what a great bunch of banders they are. Very friendly and more importantly, as mad as us!
Thanks again City of Lincoln! And thanks to Derick and Esme(Ward) for ferrying us around,even going out of their way to pick us up.
One day we hope to go back and yes...probably will have our instruments with us!