TV Error!

Trom41821

Just finished watching "The Mayor of Casterbridge". Do TV producers actually research anything before they commit it to tape? The village band processed through the village with 2 cornets a tenor horn and a tuba. Not only did the miming not match the music but the sound of a Euphonium could be heard but certainly wasn't present!!!!!!!

Either mime everything properly or have players who can actually play :evil:

Anybody else notice other incorrect combinations/bad miming?

markyboy

I heard somewhere that Harrogate Band are on TV within the next few days in a dramatisation.
Lets see if they're any good at miming!

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
markyboy said:
I heard somewhere that Harrogate Band are on TV within the next few days in a dramatisation.

Dramatisation? As in something like Crimewatch?? :)

Watch out for a group of band players going on a bank-robbing spree in the Harrogate area... :wink: :p

cornetgirl

Foiled again!

Watch out for tHB on Brides In The Bath on NYE, ITV1, 9pm. Some of the men were drafted in to be an army band - much to our annoyance - Martin Kemp and no women!!!! Next time ITV can just get an all-girl band in....Bad Girls possibly???!

Rach x

stevetrom

I thought it said at the start of the programme that it was set in 1780 - what sort of brass band would have been around then ?

stevetrom

the opening line is

"One evening of late summer, before the nineteenth century had reached one-third of its span"

so that would make it 1830'ish i think

Trom41821

cornetgirl said:
Foiled again!

Watch out for tHB on Brides In The Bath on NYE, ITV1, 9pm. Some of the men were drafted in to be an army band - much to our annoyance - Martin Kemp and no women!!!! Next time ITV can just get an all-girl band in....Bad Girls possibly???!

Rach x

Just finished watching my video of Brides in the Bath with about 15 mins missing just to lost transmission :evil: :evil: in both Shropshire and the West Midlands!! The bit that was missing must have contained the bands because it certainly wasn't in the parts I saw!

Did anybody catch the band?