Turo contest results Plez if you have could you post here

Hi could you please tell me what the results for the firt section at turo conwall where today

Thanks 8)
GOOD PLAYING LANNER

Cornishwomble

Not sure about points etc as I had the results relayed down the phone to me but

1st St Dennis
2nd Lanner
3rd Helston

I'm not 100% but I know for a fact he St Dennis definately got 1st which is a marvellous result considering they are a 3rd section band nationally

Kayleigh

Woohoo! Yeh i thought its a good result aswell seeing as we are a 3rd section band. (I play Solo Cornet for them!!) Hehe. But everyone was really pleased. but we did play a cracker. Not bein biased! Who actually listened to us play?? Did anybody? Oh and the Youth Band? Well done to everyone else who played. Ive got all the results shall i post them on here??

Kayleigh

Junior Section:
1st = Camborne 168
2nd = St.Stythians 167
Best Instrumentalist = Cornet - Camborne

Fourth Section
1st = City of Truro 169
2nd = Constantine 168
3rd = Indian Queens 167
Best Instrumentalist = Percussion - Indian Queens
Conductor Award = Roger Polmear

Third Section
1st = Hayle 173
2nd = Camborne 'B' 172
3rd = Pendennis Brass 170
Best Instrumentalist = Cornet - Hayle
Conductor Award = D Johnston

Youth Section
1st = Jag Mount Charles 171
2nd = St.Dennis 170
3rd = St.Austell 169
Best Instrumentalist = Andrew Julian, Soprano

Second Section
1st = St. Stythians 176
Best Instrumentalist = Euphonium

First Section
1st = St.Dennis 182
2nd = Lanner & District 181
3rd = Helston 180
Best Instrumentalist = Kevin Johns, Helston

Special Prizes (Open to all sections)
Best Cornet Player = Soprano, City Of Truro
Best Euphonium = Kimberley Bazeley, St.Dennis Youth
Best Player = Euphonium, St. Stythians
Best Cornet Section = St. Dennis
Best Percussion in Youth/Junior Section = Jag Mount Charles
Best Set Of Basses = St.Dennis Youth

Anything ive missed?

AJSOP

Yea. Great list kay! Very pleased with yesterdays results, Especially the best cornet section and my soloist prize!! :wink: I expect there were a few sore heads today :x . lol. Not a bad day at all. congratulations to all the winning bands!

Liz Courts

Kayleigh said:
Fourth Section
1st = City of Truro 169
2nd = Constantine 168
3rd = Indian Queens 167
Hey! You didn't mention St. Agnes!! We may have come last in the forth section :roll: , but that doesn't mean we weren't there! That was our first contest in four years... :D :D :D

sugarandspice

x_lizc_x said:
Kayleigh said:
Fourth Section
1st = City of Truro 169
2nd = Constantine 168
3rd = Indian Queens 167
Hey! You didn't mention St. Agnes!! We may have come last in the forth section :roll: , but that doesn't mean we weren't there! That was our first contest in four years... :D :D :D
well done liz, your right, its the taking part that counts!!
anyone like to comment on why we didnt have any championship section bands taking part?

Ginge

anyone like to comment on why we didnt have any championship section bands taking part?
I would say it's because, there are a lot of contests around this time which are seen to be more important. Such as the Area, Grand Shield, Masters. These are all within a short space of time, so it would have been hard to fit another contest in on top of that.
If it's not that, then I dont know really!

bassinthebathroom

Ginge said:
I would say it's because, there are a lot of contests around this time which are seen to be more important. Such as the Area, Grand Shield, Masters. These are all within a short space of time, so it would have been hard to fit another contest in on top of that.
If it's not that, then I dont know really!
But you could of played your programme from Yeovil as it was an entertainment section. Said the same to St. Austell and this also includes Bodmin and Camborne. I can see your point, and it is a heavy workload and a lot of pressure, but the Champion Band of Cornwall title should be one that everyone wants to win!! This year St. Dennis hold that title, I'm sure very deservingly, but they are after all a 3rd (probably 2nd next year) section band. Which opens up the whole issue of the 'Local' gradings! :roll: