Tuba Quartet

Danny

Hiya

Does anybody have or got a copy of any good tuba quartets for 4No. tubas? 2Eb & 2 Bb! - Not too many notes for the Bb's please!

We plan on doing this in America, so no foreign national anthems please!

Cheers

PeterBale

Staff member
Depending on what you're looking for, my dad may have something suitable. In the Godiva Music catalogue there are quite a few for 2 EEb 2 BBb, ranging from such light-hearted items as "Teddy Bear's Picnic "or the "Hippopotamus Song" through to arrangements of madrigals and other classical pieces. If you ring him he'll drop you a catalogue and/or discuss your requirements: 02 476 45 940 9

Danny

GTF!

Thanks Dave!

Will think about it! - Im sure you would love to hear another fine rendition of this classic!

Buchanan

It's worth having a look at "Suite in Blue" by Roger Payne.

Available from Just Music.

Jim Buchanan
Kinneil Band

Mark Bousie

Why don't you get Mr Meechan to write you one?! Maybe he could adapt the dying dwarves piece (!) he did for euph quartet or do something similar! Dave has to think of a surreal story for Pete to set it to first though!

MoominDave

JessopSmythe said:
I think Dave Taylor (MoominDave) has done a few, but I can't remember whose website he sells through

Cheers!

My website (where you can download the contents for free) is at http://www.geocities.com/dtmusicuk/, with hosting supplied by the kind people at http://www.justbrass.co.uk. Unfortunately, though, there's only one Tuba quartet on there (*), and that's for 2 Euphs and 2 Tubas - that's the Baroque cheese-fest that is J.S. Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor (a straight transcription).

If you prefer to pay rather than download for free :shock: , Brad Howland sells the same items at http://www.musicforbrass.com, among many others.

Dave

(*) I tend to write for what's to hand, and haven't played in many Tuba 4tets...[/url]

Mark Bousie said:
Why don't you get Mr Meechan to write you one?! Maybe he could adapt the dying dwarves piece (!) he did for euph quartet or do something similar! Dave has to think of a surreal story for Pete to set it to first though!

I would Mark, but I don't think that there are any dwarves in that particular quartet so the story wouldn't work!!! Also, I don't think that the yanks would find that story very funny!

Mark Bousie

Yes Pete, but surely the King of Comedy (aka DT) could conjure up another tale and you could work your creative magic on that. Hmm, then again , maybe our american friends might not understand dave's humour!

Good to see that your concerto is going on Mr Thornton's forthcoming CD (bit of unexpected, useful publicity for you both there!).
Will you be at the RNCM on Sunday? I should be there...

Hi Mark,

I think I will be around all weekend at the RNCM Festival of Brass. I am led to believe that there is a 'Fringe' festival taking place this year, too. Apparently the highlight of which is a German beer keller band in the JCR on friday night, led by another king of comedy from the British Euphonium Ensemble, Steve Miles. Sources also inform me that we may also see fellow BEE member, Neil Jackson, performing too! With Russ Bennett on the mic, it promises to be a good night....

Any chance you might put in an apperence?

TubaStuff

There's quite a range of music available for 2 tubas (BBb, Eb) and 2 euphoniums. Depending on the high range of your players, I suppose it might work for BBb/Eb basses.

The ensemble that I play with when I'm not in BB has been around since 1981 and we have a very large library of works for tuba-euphonium quartet.

If you'll drop me a private message, I'd be happy to discuss music with you.

Cheers,
Chuck
(The Oregon Tuba Ensemble)