Trombone Mouthpieces

ScrapingtheBottom

Hiya,

thought I'd probe some minds about this.

I've been playing bass trom for a while, but have moved back to tenor at the behest of the band. I'm having trouble 'fitting' my embouchre into a tenor mouthpiece (I currently use a Denis Wick 5BS on my strange dual bore conn 52H). I was wondering if anyone knew of any mouthpiece ranges that do a larger diameter than normal?

Cheers

I think the biggest you will find is the Wick 4AY - designed for small bore (Japanese) Euphs.

Other than this you have a couple of options - get one specially made (expensive) or use a reducer on a large bore mouthpiece (not great as it affects tuning).

ScrapingtheBottom

Hopefully my band will be getting me a proper symphonic bore trombone (sold mine to buy my bass!). I'll keep having a look though.

Dave Euph

I use a 4BS, it fits in with the mouthpiece I play on my euph. It's larger than the 5BS but not by a huge amount. Might be worth looking into it as it's commonly available.

ScrapingtheBottom

Dave Euph said:
I use a 4BS, it fits in with the mouthpiece I play on my euph. It's larger than the 5BS but not by a huge amount. Might be worth looking into it as it's commonly available.
Cheers, I'm trying to look of something with a larger rim, but not necessarily a larger cup (getting those top D's isn't so easy as it is!). I was wondering how vinny B's compare with DW on rim size?

groovy

This may be of little help, but I'm using a Vincent-Bach 6 1/2 A on my Conn, and I fing the high notes are a breeze on that! Its quite a narrow rim though.