Trom solos and/or ensemble pieces

trombelle

im sure this has been asked before (mods feel free to direct me to the relevant thread!) but i was just wondering if anyone had recommendations for either of the following

1) a good ensemle piece for brass (prob a quintet) suitable for my AS-level performance

2) interesting trom solos (particularly jazz, popular or nething a bit funky as it is just for personal use!)

cheers guys

groovy

Interesting trombone pieces......I recently bought a book called "The Sunny Side of the Street" by John Iveson. Its got 8 funky little solos for trombone which I really enjoy playing, you might want to take a look. :)

lynchie

for ensemble music just go for something from the canadian brass series. That's some good stuff!

beard_4b

'fiesta' by peter graham's a good number - its in the SA festival series 'worldofbrass' will have details.

Failing that there always golden slippers!!!

trombelle

:D

cheers everyone! and special thanx for that thread ref, i remember reading it a while ago but couldn't for the life of me find it again!!

neiltwist

trombelle said:
2) interesting trom solos (particularly jazz, popular or nething a bit funky as it is just for personal use!)

cheers guys

blue john! There are recordings all over the place, just send a pm or something if you can't find one.