Trivial Hirsute

Beards

• Total voters

BigHorn

Wow - I want one. But before I start growing in preparation for next years world beard championship, how does this affect your embrochure. I notice greats like Roger Webster and Nicholas Childs have moustaches, but what is the general feeling does it make a difference.
I could ask a few ladies I know but they may take it personal.

Aidan

BigHorn said:
Wow - I want one. But before I start growing in preparation for next years world beard championship, how does this affect your embrochure. I notice greats like Roger Webster and Nicholas Childs have moustaches, but what is the general feeling does it make a difference.
I could ask a few ladies I know but they may take it personal.
doesnt make a difference to playing unless it covers the lip or alters where you place your mouthpiece i guess.
stubble is the way forward for lazy peeps like me who cba shaving everyday. :D

The Cornet King

Ra-Ra-Rasputin seemed to do ok for himself... :D :? or so Queen Alexandria thought so anyway before hubby found out and had him murdered. :cry:

tubatu

I find playing with a beard no problem except when you find a bit of food in the moustache when your playing, like a pork chop or a chicken leg! :wink:

timbloke

well i've had a beard for the last year, and i'm a better player now than then (although i don't think the beard has affected it either way).

beards are definitelty in at the moment, although not full ones, nicely controlled tidy ones (like mine) make you look smart serious yet friendly...

...i hope.

bluebottle said:
stubble looks good but...well, oww!

yes, am often asked to get rid of the stubble ;) the worst bit was the little bit just below my bottom lip, got rid of it now!!

timbloke

beard_4b said:
there's nothing wrong with beards, and the ladies love them! :wink:

i agree... this time last year = timbloke - beard = single = :(
now = timbloke + beard = not single = :D

HBB

Luckily I don't have to bother with that yet ......

Once every month so far! :D :roll: :wink:

bBen

:shock: <<------ looks like our solo horn player! :D