Top 20 Melodies on All Brass Radio Station for Jan., 2017

DocFox

I let the station moderated itself. The top tracks are voted on my station by the listeners:

1. Hitchin Band - Light Cavalry Overture
  2. Pikes Peak Brass Band - Seize The Day
  3. Fodens Band - Procession to the Minster
  4. Chicago Staff Band - Joyous Song
  5. Fodens Band - Dundonnell from Hymn of the Highlands Rating
  6. Oberaargauer Brass Band - Gettysburg (Reunion And Finale)
  7. Hitchin Band - Because (Sarah Gibbons, Tenor Horn)
  8. Spiritual To The 'Bone - Linus & Lucy
  9. Coventry City Salvation Army Band - Praise To The Lord
  10. Desford Colliery Caterpillar Band - Love Changes Everything
  11. Clifton & Lightcliffe Band - Benedictus
  12. Brisbane City Temple (SA) - Celebration Of Contemporary Gospel
  13. Grimethorpe Colliery Band - MacArthur Park
  14. International Staff Band - You Raise Me Up
  15. Enfield Citadel Band - I Will Follow Him
  16. All Star Girls Of Brass - 1812 Overture
  17. Dalewool Auckland Brass - Pirates of the Caribbean
  18. Black Dyke Band - Highland Cathedral
  19. Hitchin Band - A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (Mike Thorn, Trombone)
  20. The Brighouse & Rastrick Band - Lincolnshire Poacher
I still could use a few more donors to make the station go if I am not there to take care of it. If you like All Brass Band radio, All the time, tune in at www.allbrassradio.com.

DocFox

hell of a sales technique !

It is! But I have nothing to sell. Just free All Brass Band music and the listeners' control of the playlist. I have been publishing this list for years and rarely a comment. That is why I bought a sponsorship. Please, Ian, I make only one post a month, surely you can keep your mouth shut for one post. If this is not proof you would bait me over any comment, then nothing is!

Euphman2

I let the station moderated itself. The top tracks are voted on my station by the listeners:

1. Hitchin Band - Light Cavalry Overture
  2. Pikes Peak Brass Band - Seize The Day
  3. Fodens Band - Procession to the Minster
  4. Chicago Staff Band - Joyous Song
  5. Fodens Band - Dundonnell from Hymn of the Highlands Rating
  6. Oberaargauer Brass Band - Gettysburg (Reunion And Finale)
  7. Hitchin Band - Because (Sarah Gibbons, Tenor Horn)
  8. Spiritual To The 'Bone - Linus & Lucy
  9. Coventry City Salvation Army Band - Praise To The Lord
  10. Desford Colliery Caterpillar Band - Love Changes Everything
  11. Clifton & Lightcliffe Band - Benedictus
  12. Brisbane City Temple (SA) - Celebration Of Contemporary Gospel
  13. Grimethorpe Colliery Band - MacArthur Park
  14. International Staff Band - You Raise Me Up
  15. Enfield Citadel Band - I Will Follow Him
  16. All Star Girls Of Brass - 1812 Overture
  17. Dalewool Auckland Brass - Pirates of the Caribbean
  18. Black Dyke Band - Highland Cathedral
  19. Hitchin Band - A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (Mike Thorn, Trombone)
  20. The Brighouse & Rastrick Band - Lincolnshire Poacher
I still could use a few more donors to make the station go if I am not there to take care of it. If you like All Brass Band radio, All the time, tune in at www.allbrassradio.com.
hell of a sales technique !
Sorry Doc, I wonder about
1) your listeners
2) your nearly 800 CDs
Only Procession to the Minster (and the Black Dyke version on the 'Cathedral Brass's CD) would feature in any top 20+ of mine and Lincolnshire Poacher???? You must be joking. That has been out of fashion for most band concerts for about 25 years.

DocFox

Well, Ian, I invite you to listen and vote. Back when I had money, I paid for a lot of money to add an accurate voting system. Lincolnshire Poacher is old and dusty, but people love to hear it (as the data shows). I had a myriad of more votes in January than in any previous month. Some melodies I have liked personally have been voted off the playlist. Now, I have been doing this for several years. Why do you have an interest now?

Please leave it be. And please let me be. My health is failing and I would like to have some peace. Is that too much to ask 0f a fellow human being?

Euphman2

Well, Ian, I invite you to listen and vote. Back when I had money, I paid for a lot of money to add an accurate voting system. Lincolnshire Poacher is old and dusty, but people love to hear it (as the data shows). I had a myriad of more votes in January than in any previous month. Some melodies I have liked personally have been voted off the playlist. Now, I have been doing this for several years. Why do you have an interest now?

Please leave it be. And please let me be. My health is failing and I would like to have some peace. Is that too much to ask 0f a fellow human being?
Doc, much as I hate to stick up for Mr Roberts, the comments on your playlist happen to have snagged his comment to which I have no attachment

Bbmad

How is Orange Juice not in the top 10? For goodness sake.
And no Fountain City? Surely a band that the Doc ranks as being in the top 20 should be in there?

DocFox

I do not own a Fountain City CD. I own two from Brass Band of Central Florida CDs. I am broke and coming close to the edge of possible life ending circumstances. Be nice and do what hundreds of others have done before you. Donate a CD you like. I will not post the list next month. You people have shown no capacity for caring or respect for others. I am to be made a fool of at all costs. It makes me said that you live to twist my words in any silly way you want.

Bbmad

I do not own a Fountain City CD. I own two from Brass Band of Central Florida CDs. I am broke and coming close to the edge of possible life ending circumstances. Be nice and do what hundreds of others have done before you. Donate a CD you like. I will not post the list next month. You people have shown no capacity for caring or respect for others. I am to be made a fool of at all costs. It makes me said that you live to twist my words in any silly way you want.
Hey, I only wondered. I mean you really do rate Fountain City so highly, maybe you have seen them many times live?
All I am saying is that to have none of their CDs out of your impressive collection (over. 800?), seems rather suprising.

Euphman2

Hey, I only wondered. I mean you really do rate Fountain City so highly, maybe you have seen them many times live?
All I am saying is that to have none of their CDs out of your impressive collection (over. 800?), seems rather suprising.
I wonder, how many of DocFox's CDs are British ones and from 'top' bands? His list seems very 'American and SA based', but not up to date.

DocFox

They are hard to get. And I have been broke having had 5 surgeries in 3 years. But I heard them play at NABBA. Wonderful.

And you must remember, this is not MY LIST. It is the LISTENER'S LIST. My list would be different. The playlist, unlike almost all radio stations in the world, is directly controlled by the listeners. The vote the Top 20 and vote down enough tracks that I remove 10-40 tracks each month. Self-regulating.

Bbmad

If it were my list it would be very different. Basically it would be the Brassed Off soundtrack. And maybe Wogans Floral Dance thrown in as well.

DocFox

The few CDs I bought:

Cory Band - The Way We Were
Black Dyke - Black Dyke Gold IV
Williams-Fairey Engineering (only a few left) - Tournament for Brass
The International Staff Band of the Salvation Army - Quest
US Army Brass Band - Sunburst
Black Dyke - Forever Shining
Tredegar Town Band - War Memorials
Fodens - Of Gods and Kings

I think I am way out of step with modern brass band CDs. :rolleyes:

Euphman2

If it were my list it would be very different. Basically it would be the Brassed Off soundtrack. And maybe Wogans Floral Dance thrown in as well.
I think your irony (/ sarcasm) will be lost on Doc in the ether!!!!!! Life Divine and and Resurgam, (plus xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx etc rule

Bbmad

What about Hootenany? I simply refuse to believe that real brass band fans have not voted that one in?

Euphman2

The few CDs I bought:

Cory Band - The Way We Were
Black Dyke - Black Dyke Gold IV
Williams-Fairey Engineering (only a few left) - Tournament for Brass
The International Staff Band of the Salvation Army - Quest
US Army Brass Band - Sunburst
Black Dyke - Forever Shining
Tredegar Town Band - War Memorials
Fodens - Of Gods and Kings

I think I am way out of step with modern brass band CDs. :rolleyes:
Again Doc, sorry. My 'pitiful' collection (and I only buy records ((remember them?)) and CDs, I want and prefer tracks from, so yes, you perhaps are.

Last edited:

DocFox

I think your irony (/ sarcasm) will be lost on Doc in the ether!!!!!! Life Divine and and Resurgam, (plus xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx etc rule

You have just once again called me a liar. Do you people have any hearts or souls? Radio music is different than concert music. I personally like Resurgam, but it is too long for radio play.

A lot of you self-proclaimed critics are implying or outright saying I am a liar. Do you care that you are smearing your own reputations? Do you care about sinning against your fellow (possibly dying) man? Yes, I am a Christian, an ordained pastor, and a Seminary graduate. I have four college degrees in four different fields (I am sure I will be called a liar for that too because believing the truth would be too painful). I do own nearly 800 brass band CDs (I have not counted them recently). I guess I lie.

But what are you doing to a man who wants to live in peace? Upping my stress level may cause my condition to worsen. Do you care? It seems not. I have to question your motivations. I post this list every month. It nearly always goes by without comment. Not now. It was a foot into the door to get after me. All of you have shown your true colors. It saddens me that they very worst souls of the UK can take over a discussion like this.

There must be some fine and decent people on this board who would risk coming to my aid. They probably won't. They do not want to be the next person with a venomous target on them.