Top 10

HBB

We usually have to listen to the conductor's tiresome praise of the euphs though :(

WhatSharp?

homocidalbennyboy said:
We usually have to listen to the conductor's tiresome praise of the euphs though :(

True but as we're complaining more about getting drowned at at mp I think their slowly falling out of favour!, back row seem to be in favour at the mo! :D

HBB

I think he was impressed with the bass in the simpson's bit of cartoon classics. :D

frisp

Just looking at the last couple of posts:-

why not just talk to each other at your band-saves squabbling for the world?

WhatSharp?

Besides whos squabbling :dunno ?
We're agreeing, something that only happens once or twice a year so we might as well make it a public occasion :lol:

bassinthebathroom

Especially annoying is when the conductor asks for something (i.e. shorter or louder) and the players do this to a ridiculous extreme. This seems to wind conductors up no end, as I witnessed tonight!

HBB

WhatSharp? said:
Besides whos squabbling :dunno ?
We're agreeing, something that only happens once or twice a year so we might as well make it a public occasion :lol:

nice one steve.

Our conductor said a really unique thing:

PLAY UP BASS!!! :D

:twisted: :twisted:

Steve

lynchie said:
I heard 10 once... was depping for a band, got drunk before the concert because the flugel player annoyed me, and proceeded to rip through the concert... however, the conductor was deaf in his right ear, and having heard a trombone for the first time in 20 years wanted MORE MORE MORE!!!

You ever get invited back Mr Lynch? I never got a call after that day either!

Dave Payn said:
More that you'll (mostly) never hear a conductor say:

'Sop, that was a cracking split! Do another one!' (I often did when playing sop, whether asked or not!)

'Baritones, your tuning has been exemplary all evening. Well done!'

'Could we have a little more vib on that, euph?'

'Sorry, guys, I ****ed up the beat, there.'

'The drinks are on me' (n.b. I know MRSH to be an honourable exception to that one! ;-)

Think you might have heard the penultimate one here on more than one occasion recently AND I bought you a pint last week!

lynchie

Steve21 said:
lynchie said:
I heard 10 once... was depping for a band, got drunk before the concert because the flugel player annoyed me, and proceeded to rip through the concert... however, the conductor was deaf in his right ear, and having heard a trombone for the first time in 20 years wanted MORE MORE MORE!!!

surprisingly no... although I did much less to anger the baritone section than you...

Steve

lynchie said:
Steve21 said:
lynchie said:

surprisingly no... although I did much less to anger the baritone section than you...

Was on my best behaviour, and very sober for me. Not my fault she offered me her euph to play instead of her!!

Dave Payn

Paul McLaughlin said:
Dave Payn said:
More that you'll (mostly) never hear a conductor say:

'Sop, that was a cracking split! Do another one!' (I often did when playing sop, whether asked or not!)

'Baritones, your tuning has been exemplary all evening. Well done!'

'Could we have a little more vib on that, euph?'

'Sorry, guys, I ****ed up the beat, there.'

'The drinks are on me' (n.b. I know MRSH to be an honourable exception to that one! ;-)

Think you might have heard the penultimate one here on more than one occasion recently AND I bought you a pint last week!

So you did! I was referring more to me! Ha! ;-)

By the way, I'll try not to fall off that top C in Partita tonight, like I did last week! (That would have been a great one for W.Rimmer's brass bloopers website!)