tMP word quiz

Dave Payn

How many words beginning with 't' and containing the letters 't', 'm' and 'p' in that order (though obviously not adjacent to each other!) can you think of (i.e. 'tamper, temper etc. - there's two for a start)

A very quick look through the dictionary gives a score of 31 to beat! (I'm sure that'll be beaten!)

No need to PM, just a bit of fun, post your answers here if you wish.

No words requiring a capital letter to begin, no words requiring a hyphen, no plurals ending in 's',

Good luck!

HBB

Dave Payn said:
homocidalbennyboy said:
We've got the 1, just 30 to go now then ... lol
After I gave you two for starters..... oookaaayyy.......

:)

Hey!! I had my maths GCSE today... i'm fragile, leave the whole number thing alone please :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:

Dave Payn

homocidalbennyboy said:
Dave Payn said:
homocidalbennyboy said:
We've got the 1, just 30 to go now then ... lol
After I gave you two for starters..... oookaaayyy.......

:)

Hey!! I had my maths GCSE today... i'm fragile, leave the whole number thing alone please :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:
Ah-ha! Hope it went well! Mind you you're talking to someone who (in the days when these exams had different titles) managed to fail his O Level Maths three times! :)

Dave Payn

homocidalbennyboy said:
Not in the dictionary (my one, anyway, but it is very old!). But a word similar sounding to 'tampura' does exist.....

Still, if it's in the modern dictionary, then fine by me! ;-)

PeterBale

Staff member
timpanum
timpani
thump
trump
tramp
tempt
tempter
temptation
tamp
timekeeping
timekeeper
temporary
tempo
timepiece

Dave Payn

PeterBale said:
timpanum
timpani
thump
trump
tramp
tempt
tempter
temptation
tamp
timekeeping
timekeeper
temporary
tempo
timepiece
I can see the target of 31 being easily beaten at this rate! (I haven't got a full list, I just had a quick whizz through the dictionary, as I said ;-))

HBB

Dave Payn said:
homocidalbennyboy said:
Not in the dictionary (my one, anyway, but it is very old!). But a word similar sounding to 'tampura' does exist.....

Still, if it's in the modern dictionary, then fine by me! ;-)
Tis a javanese word, used in the Gamelan Orchestras ... damn GCSE music... :roll: