tMP - Whit Friday - Questions & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Thorne

Hi Folks,

Feel free to post any questions/discussions relating to the tMP Bands appearance in the Whit Friday March Contest on 9th June, 2006.

If you wish to take part please register your interest on the following thread:

;)

Last edited:

flashbarry

We should be around on Whit Friday again but I think we are going to Ashton Football Club, will the band be playing TheMouthpiece again?

Cheers,
Rach

Big Twigge

When is the last possible sign up date?
The problem is is that I have 3 assignments in on the monday after and I'd love to commit, but i know what I'm like! I'm going to try my best to get them done, but last year struggled to get one done early! :eek:

Roger Thorne

flashbarry said:
We should be around on Whit Friday again but I think we are going to Ashton Football Club, will the band be playing TheMouthpiece again?

Cheers,
Rach
Hopefully! It will obviously depend on the standard of band that sign up to take part, added to the fact that we do have limited rehearsal time on the day. But if previous years are anything to go by it shouldn't be a problem, as long as we keep them out of the beer tent.

:rolleyes:

cornetgirl

What are we marching down to and do you need my assistance to add a popular classic into the mix???

Rach x (still not really able to play bass drum on the march but would like to find that Chinese restaurant again....)

Roger Thorne

cornetgirl said:
What are we marching down to and do you need my assistance to add a popular classic into the mix???
We are still discussing this in Mods, so I'll let you know in due course what we decide.

;)

tam-tam2

I will have to wait until the 27th February (after half term) to ask my headteacher if he will give me the day off.......he said yes last year so shouldn't be a problem but I had better check first!!!! If so, I would love to play rep again...I still have my part from last year so could even get in a sneak practice!!:) :tup :)

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
Is a cake required again this year?

I would like a little more notice than last year. No hints either John if you want one just ask

KMJ Recordings

Supporting Member
Do you take sides Roger (i.e. Saddleworth or Tameside) or do you go wherever you can get the bus to?

I may head over for a listen this year if I can get a babysitter (obviously I'll have to set off 3 days in advance to get a parking spot!)

tam-tam2

We did five I think last year, we did have a lovely de-tour at one stage though.....lovely scenery!! We did Scouthead (I think that's what it's called), Uppermill, Dobcross, Delph and Greenfield. Great fun it was too......:tup

dyl

KMJ Recordings said:
I may head over for a listen this year if I can get a babysitter (obviously I'll have to set off 3 days in advance to get a parking spot!)

No need for a car if you come on the tMP bus! ;)

Di

KMJ Recordings said:
...But then you'll have enough of a problem fitting the plethora of players in :D

I'm sure we can find room for you on the bus, could even find you something to do to earn your seat. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.