tMP Regional Prediction Competition 2006

Accidental

Supporting Member
7th! :cool:
slightly freaky though - on Sunday we drew 7th, came 7th and are now 7th in the grading table! Does that make me very lucky, or unlucky? :lol:

sugarandspice

The Cornet King said:
I got the unlucky 13th place, 181 points and i beat Kelly ^ yay! :biggrin:

What happened to the rest of the Emley lot, Ploughboy the neareast rival in 41st...:rolleyes:

I merely let you beat me, this time!! :) Well done tho....... :clap:

Anno Draconis

Keppler said:
Final results now up.
Congratulations to PHA161 with 205 points, and to IYOUNG and Steve Gittins close behind with 194. High scoring, and quite close! Well done folks.

Well done guys!

Personally I'm gutted to finish just outside the medals! Flipping adjudicators, how dare they contradict my results just 'cos they've actually heard the bands! :D Ah, well, there's always next year...

Oh and thanks Keppler, that was fun :clap:

DaveR

Straightmute said:
Nice to make it into the top 30 - but hang on: who is that languishing in 494th place? Shurely shome mishtake? D :)

Well, I suppose he can't be expected to be adjudicator and winner of his own contest - that would be very suspicious! ;)

And don't call me shurely :biggrin::oops:

Keppler

Staff member
Straightmute said:
Nice to make it into the top 30 - but hang on: who is that languishing in 494th place? Shurely shome mishtake? D :)

I was expecting to see sean connery in there from that comment...
seeing me on the system is, as usual, the result for forgetting to delete my own random testing data. If I'd come higher up, it would have done wonders for the "pick-by-alphabet" method, and I predict the number of bands with names beginning with A, B, or C would shoot up dramatically!

iggmeister

Thanks for running the competition - I think it actually makes really interesting reading looking at how a random selection of the banding public rate the various bands pre-contest.

Any chance it can be done for e.g. Grand Shield/Senior Cup/Senior Trophy? You could even hold it in stasis until the Open. Would also be nice to do one for all of the National Finals sections later in the year.

Igg

dyl

iggmeister said:
Any chance it can be done for e.g. Grand Shield/Senior Cup/Senior Trophy? You could even hold it in stasis until the Open. Would also be nice to do one for all of the National Finals sections later in the year.

Igg

Hi Igg. Our current policy is to run this contest for the Regionals, National Finals (was done last year and the year before I think) and Pontins which are considered to be 'major' contests with all sections being covered, not just the top end of banding. We will however discuss it amongst ourselves to see if it can be used for other contests. Glad you like it!