tMP Manchester Social and Birthday Bash!

Naomi McFadyen

You have to come! :p thats an order......
I'm sure someone can put you up for the night................. Anyone?!

;-)

jonford said:
I may come this time! Really want to. , Just need to work out how I can get home or who I could stay with!

Naomi McFadyen

hope u can make it Michelle!!! loads of people from uni should be going (I'm gonna announce it in Adelphi and talk to random people in band 1) so u never know, u may get bought some drinks 8) ;-)

If I go do I get to meet the other Andy Griffiths? It'll be like looking in some kind of scary mirror!

Is there something superstitious (sp.) though about meeting someone with the same name? Will we both die? Or is that just actual twins? Or sick people?

Naomi McFadyen

ComposerAndy said:
If I go do I get to meet the other Andy Griffiths? It'll be like looking in some kind of scary mirror!

Is there something superstitious (sp.) though about meeting someone with the same name? Will we both die? Or is that just actual twins? Or sick people?

Yes you'll get to meet the other Andy..... and he doesnt look anything like you so it wont be a mirror image :p

You wont die..... dont worry :p that only happens in movies...... I think ;-)

Andy_Euph

geordiecolin said:
I might come along, deadlines and £ permitting.

Get tha' self down t'manchester

And as if having no money has ever been an excuse for not going out on the lash

Andy_Euph

ComposerAndy said:

You will indeed :biggrin:

As for dying, I'll probably look like it by the end of the night.

Everyone we gotta go to scubar for 8 drinks for £8 as Neil said, couple of those deals and I'll be flying

geordiecolin

Andy_Euph said:
Get tha' self down t'manchester

And as if having no money has ever been an excuse for not going out on the lash

To be honest, its the deadlines I'm more concerned about!

Andy_Euph

geordiecolin said:
To be honest, its the deadlines I'm more concerned about!

Aye fair do's, your uni stuff has to come first like...but if you get all your stuff done get down to manchestoh!

Andy_Euph said:
You will indeed :biggrin:

As for dying, I'll probably look like it by the end of the night.

Everyone we gotta go to scubar for 8 drinks for £8 as Neil said, couple of those deals and I'll be flying

I'll go if there's someone I know there, I'm crap with new people/crowds. And also the extent of my knowledge of brass stuff is what i did for my grade 4 tuba exam, so the conversation will be rubbish too!

Much as I like scubar and their £8 deals, will we be going somewhere that makes it a bit less like a normal weekday for me? (didn't come off well there!)

Craigsav83

ComposerAndy said:
I'll go if there's someone I know there, I'm crap with new people/crowds. And also the extent of my knowledge of brass stuff is what i did for my grade 4 tuba exam, so the conversation will be rubbish too!

LOL... not much different than me then...and I'm travelling from Edinburgh... no excuses lol :biggrin:

Naomi McFadyen

I'd like to think that we'll talk about general things, not just brass bands! :|

Meet new people... that's the point of these socials...

And of course, if you know of any new places we can visit rather than your usual stuff, then please don't hesitate to say... Remember though we wanna *try* and keep it so that these bars are on-route to each other and not be going too far out from the other places...

There's a place near Oxford Rd station, I forget the name, that's good... do some awesome chocolate cake in their too! :D :lol:
It's on-route to Schu Bar/Czech Bar... so could go in their on the way for a quick drink...

ComposerAndy said:

Much as I like scubar and their £8 deals, will we be going somewhere that makes it a bit less like a normal weekday for me? (didn't come off well there!)

Naruco said:
There's a place near Oxford Rd station, I forget the name, that's good... do some awesome chocolate cake in their too! :D :lol:
It's on-route to Schu Bar/Czech Bar... so could go in their on the way for a quick drink...

Oh well why don't we just drink in my flat?

Show me something new, banders!

Lisa

Aaargh, does anyone know of any hotels near the centre of Manchester?

I had it all perfectly planned...found a place to stay that was both cheap (£15 per person) and close to Piccadilly station and town centre... stupidly I left it until the week before to book and now there is no room for us!!

Seeing as i'm not really very local I have no idea where anything is in relation to anything, so if anyone could recommend any cheap hotels/hostels in a good location for me and my 3 mates that would be sooo helpful! Thanks! :)

geordiecolin

Looks like I'm bailing on this one... I've got another birthday to go to in Sheffield on the same night. And Cornetgirl's wedding cost me the best part of a ton.....!!

You'll have to find a different Andy Interpreter I'm afraid....

Naomi McFadyen

Lisa said:
Aaargh, does anyone know of any hotels near the centre of Manchester?

I had it all perfectly planned...found a place to stay that was both cheap (£15 per person) and close to Piccadilly station and town centre... stupidly I left it until the week before to book and now there is no room for us!!

Seeing as i'm not really very local I have no idea where anything is in relation to anything, so if anyone could recommend any cheap hotels/hostels in a good location for me and my 3 mates that would be sooo helpful! Thanks! :)

GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa

Naruco said:
GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, did that! Was a bit confused at first though as I couldn't work out where any of them were in relation to train station etc...although think i've worked that out now.
Also lots of them are fully booked already...apparently there is some football match and a Kylie concert taking place in Manchester this weekend! :dunno

There are one or two cheapish ones with rooms available in the Salford area though - that's not too far is it??