tMP Grand Annual Dinner and Dance Mega Blowout type thing...

tMP Grand Annual Dinner and Dance Mega Blowout type thing...

• Total voters
our youth band has to wear our polo shirts for events, and for bollywood we had to put them on and we dominated Mcdonalds an the looks we got were so strange. Everyone in their royal blue polo shirts with St Helens Youth Bras Band on, what an experience!

drummergurl

aimee_euph said:
our youth band has to wear our polo shirts for events, and for bollywood we had to put them on and we dominated Mcdonalds an the looks we got were so strange. Everyone in their royal blue polo shirts with St Helens Youth Bras Band on, what an experience!

that WOULD have given us some really strange looks

akwarose

i'd love to go, but i doubt my dad would be willing to and i cant get up to birmingham :(
shame, coz i've got a really nice ballgown that i bought for my prom that i could wear!!!

jonford

Sounds like a good idea, would be interested if I find someone to go with! and can find some cheap accomadation, inless the venue is manchester area :)

bigmamabadger

Love to. :lol:
Need a date though. EvilDaddyBadger starts to hyperventilate after 10 minutes in the presence of 4 banders. A whole evening with 1,000,000 tMPers will render him completely useless...

Brum sounds OK, but maybe Manc might be better? Not a lot further for the South-Westerners (only another(!?) hour on train), but a damn sight closer to more other people.

Suggest everyone has to come as their
favourite piece of music? I'll be Doyen
favourite tMPer? I think I'll be OkieDokie from Oz, since he probably won't be with us :cry:
BMB
xx

Big Twigge

SOunds like a brilliant plan....I'd like it to be very posh please so I can buy a lovely ball dress and shoes and get my hair made all pretty :D

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Big Twigge said:
SOunds like a brilliant plan....I'd like it to be very posh please so I can buy a lovely ball dress and shoes and get my hair made all pretty :D

Oh it'll be a proper posh job :wink: Couldn't be anything else with all you fine tMPers going :D

Follow-up post coming up....

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Well I'm a bit overwhelmed by the response so far - it's been fantastic! :D

I've spoken to John (TheMusicMan) tonight about this and he, like me is really excited by the idea. Between us we have agreed to let icklesop and me start to get the ball rolling, with an endorsment from the mods. This way the event is a night arranged by tMPers for tMPers!!

This could be a really fantastic night, John has some excellent ideas and I can see things dropping into place that will make this event really something rather special. But maybe it’s time for a bit of a reality check before we get too carried away.

We are under no illusions of what we have let ourselfs in for here, this is a truly mammoth task, and I need to be sure that this is a goer before we go any further down the line…

So firstly can I ask please can people only post “yeses” here if you are definitely interested in going to this. We need to get an accurate gauge as to the amount of genuine interest. Please note also that this event is still very much in the investigatory stage, it is by no means a forgone conclusion that this will happen, we can only move forward when we have an accurate idea of numbers. And I have to say at this point that this is unlikely to be a 30 quid-night-out.

Secondly – HELP! This has the potential to be a huge job – way too much for just the two of us so I’m after willing volunteers to help. So any takers? Please email me if you want to help out in any way. Right now we need someone local to Birmingham preferably with some knowledge of the hotels there, to help me sort out the best place to hold the event. But any offers of help will be more than welcome.

Once again the phone call I had from John tonight makes me confident that this has the potential to be a truly spectacular night. Bring it on!!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
It's great to see so much abundant enthusiasm for such a tMP event, and I am grateful to Ian & Becki for offering to take the lead in these initial investigations as to is such an event a serious possibility.

I can only add to what has already been said, in that tMP are looking for dedicated and serious volunteers who are willing to add value to a team whose responsibility it will be to ensure that the event (should it go ahead) is run and managed to the usual impeccable standards associated with tMP.

If there is enough interest, and people are serious about attending, then I am certain we will be able to move forward with an entertaining and exciting event. But I must stress that we are currently only investigating the possibility of this. It is a massive responsibility and undertaking for us at tMP - and needs to be thoroughly investigated before we commit to moving forward and hopefully, providing official tMP endorsement.

Personally, I would very much like to see such an event held, and would be enormously proud if it were - as such, I will support to my utmost in whatever capacity is required to help make this happen.

John

Dave Payn

Interested? Yeah!

Available? Probably but date important, as if it's after October 22nd I'll be travelling from Arran! Either way though, count me in! (...2...3...4) ;-)

drummergurl

ok this is posted on behalf of curiosity kills,

he would like to go, and preferably if the event could be in october-student loan goes in then :) .