tMP Grand Annual Dinner and Dance Mega Blowout type thing...

tMP Grand Annual Dinner and Dance Mega Blowout type thing...

• Total voters

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Fellow tMPer's!

After long and protracted negotiations on msn between icklesop and myself we have decided to organise a Grand Dinner / Dance for all tMPer's (why am I doing this?)

It's early days yet but we're thinking of something along the lines of:

A "proper" sit-down meal
A massive party afterwards :D

We're seeing this as being a sort of Grand Ball for tMP'ers, so it's all going to be sparkly dresses and dinner suits. The blokes can even wear the suits if they wish :shock: Oh Lynchie - no lip gloss OK? :? (Bex asked me to put that)

The location is likely to be in the dreaming spires (or should that be smoking chimneys) of Birmingham.

It is very early days, and like all the best ideas this one is still a bit half-baked :D .
So firstly we need to know if you're interested.
Then, are there any of you who know of anywhere we can hold this? We have a few ideas but could do with some recomendations.
Then, we need to sort out a date. At the moment we just want to hear if your interested, and any (helpful) comments. Between us then we will post here as things progress.

I've made this a poll so we can have a quick snapshot of interest. But you're posts are most welcome :)

Mods: any chance of making this a sticky?

2nd man down

Staff member
Count me in!!

(I wonder how many will reply to this with "a-one, two, three, four..." (naming no names Peter Bale!!) :wink: :roll:

Brum to Huddersfield is a hell of a taxi fare home tho! Could we get a block tMP booking at a local Travel Inn do you think?

DublinBass

Supporting Member
I'm very interested. Birmingham sounds like a perfect location!!
I'll need to sort out a date too...last two formals I asked my wife to she turned me down :cry:

lynchie

ooo a chance to wear my sparkly dress! hmmm.... actually, maybe not... anyway, I'm sure we could all mass book into one of the hotels from the CiN event, especially if we can get a decent night porter again!

I might be there, I'll have to think about it... might still be hiding under a rock...

PeterBale

Staff member
I've made this a "sticky" as requested.

I'd definitely be interested and Birmingham would suit me, having my parents in Coventry.

Not sure whether Christmas time is a good idea, though, as for many bands it is a very busy time, and we wouldn't want too many tMPers being castrated for pulling out of band engagements :shock: :wink: :lol:

The Cornet King

Sounds like a good idea. :D

Maybe a group transport thing from Huddersfield may be in order as well as a group hotel booking.

Depending on date. Count me in too. :D

Seedhouse

I'd be up for it, as it's close to Nottingham!
Give me details and I can give a more definate answer! :roll:

Liz Courts

Oooh, yeah, sounds like a good idea!!!!

Ideal date - when there are no band contests coming up, and away from the summer/christmas season when we are all likely to have band concerts! Oh, and when I've past my driving test!! Or we could always organise a bus if enough of us Cornish people decide to go!! Don't see much interest from them so far...hellooo?!! :D :D