tMP Grand Annual Dinner and Dance Mega Blowout type thing...

tMP Grand Annual Dinner and Dance Mega Blowout type thing...

• Total voters

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Go for it Rebecca, the more money that can be raised to go towards making this happen - the better.

Great idea.... thanks

bigmamabadger said:
Meanwhile, back on topic....
Could we perhaps persuade someone to pay us a fee for perofming in the park/field/marquee/boat/bordello? Then it could go towards something special at the gala dinner or similar. Obviously not talking thousands here, usual band fees would apply.
Has someone already suggested this? Have been online for several days trying to compare gas suppliers and may be going a little bog-eyed now...

And please I really want to get all those balloonnss so this has to happen, even if it's only me and WoodenFlugel busking in King's Cross tube station with balloons on our bells.
BMB
xx

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
bigmamabadger said:
Meanwhile, back on topic....
Could we perhaps persuade someone to pay us a fee for perofming in the park/field/marquee/boat/bordello? Then it could go towards something special at the gala dinner or similar. Obviously not talking thousands here, usual band fees would apply.
Has someone already suggested this? Have been online for several days trying to compare gas suppliers and may be going a little bog-eyed now...

And please I really want to get all those balloonnss so this has to happen, even if it's only me and WoodenFlugel busking in King's Cross tube station with balloons on our bells.
BMB
xx
Great minds...I had thought about this but wanted to find out a little more about how the tMP bands had worked in the past, before suggesting it publicly. As you say it won't be a huge sum, but every little helps. Haven't I heard that somewhere before??

Not so sure about the busking idea though....:-?

Keep the suggestions coming!!

lynchie

"Official Interval Entertainment of the Pontins Championships 2004"

Not a bad headline... maybe WoB could book us for next years Masters Gala...

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
stabbyjnr said:
is it on or not?? and when and where?
We have decided, unfortunately, to postpone the Dinner Dance event on the 6th November 2004 (see previous page for John's announcement). However we are discussing our options with respect to this event, and actively encouraging you to post in this thread any suggestions you may have.

We've had some good ones so far - keep 'em coming...:)

Jo Elson

I think postponing it is a good idea as it gives more time for the event to be organised and planned well in advance which will enable the maximum number of people to attend.
By the way hi everyone, it has been a while.

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Jo Elson said:
I think postponing it is a good idea as it gives more time for the event to be organised and planned well in advance which will enable the maximum number of people to attend.
By the way hi everyone, it has been a while.
Hi Jo - good to see you again...:)

PeterBale

Staff member
WhatSharp? said:
Hows about the weekend after the last Area's?, shouldn't think too many people would be busy then.
I think Easter weekend may be a little awkward!

And don't forget we're at Hadleigh two weeks after that ;)

date

How about Jan, Xmas out the way, peeps heads becoming clear again.

Areas over a month away.

so lets PARTY.

BUS FROM NORTH YORKS.
NAMES PLS

1. LEE
2. ALI

WhatSharp?

musicmaker said:
How about Jan, Xmas out the way, peeps heads becoming clear again.

Areas over a month away.

so lets PARTY.

BUS FROM NORTH YORKS.
NAMES PLS

1. LEE
2. ALI
Butlins....

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
I don't think January is that suitable really. There are a lot of tMPer's whose bands are going to the Butlins contest at the end of the month which means, to avoid sectional/extra rehearsals, the Dinner Dance would need to be held sometime in the first couple of weeks. Not ideal as most people are skint for the Christmas/New Year blow-out and, the majority of those who work will be waiting to be paid for January.

It also only gives us less than 3 months to organise the whole event from scratch - given the amount to organise this is just not long enough.

Setting the date for an event like this is always going to be challenging, and is crucial to whether the Dinner Dance goes ahead or not. Bearing these points in mind, I personally would rather wait until later in the year, and get the date, format and style of the event absolutely right (which we clearly didn't quite achieve before) than rush into setting a date that may be unsuitable or too early.

mikelyons

Supporting Member
What about end of June/Early July? Families won't be on hols yet, most summer type jobs shouldn't interfere, some uni/U6th students might have left, but are still likely to be around?

Just a thought.

Jo Elson

I think thats the best idea because people won't have as many commitments plus it will be warmer so the ladies can wear nice dresses without being freezing. And it also gives a good 6months for it to be organised and for everyone to give a definate answer of yes or no well in advance so you can see if it is going to be worth doing.

[

OK, this is my first use of tmp for oooohhhh, months! Glad I logged on though and found out that I had to cancel the tux for this Saturday (only kidding). Sorry but I can't really offer any suggestions but I can say that whatever the event, wherever it is, providing I am free I will offer support and attend.