tMP Contest

What dya think about a tMP contest

• Total voters

jimothy

Surely people should represent the area where they live, otherwise people would be representing whichever region they like. We would end up with 45 yorkshire bands, 40 north west bands and nobody else - well maybe one from wales! For students etcwho have two addresses they should go with the permanent one I guess.

This would make life intersting for all those tMPers who play for top yorkshire bands but who live within the north west area. Might bring a new meaning to Doyle's Lament?????

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
Well so far it looks like I'll be me on my own in the West :(

C'mon all you West Country-ers, there's cider at stake here! :p

PeterBale

Staff member
tewkeshorn said:
Well so far it looks like I'll be me on my own in the West :(

C'mon all you West Country-ers, there's cider at stake here! :p

It may be that we'd have to combine one or two areas together - possibly West with L&SC :?:

Steve

Count me in for the midlands, should be done by where you live for rehearsal purposes I guess, unless you wanted to have the first rehearsal on the morning of the contest. It could be ...... TMP.com inter-regional, sight-read, unrehearsed with no regustry rules contest :D Seriously though, sounds good

Big Twigge

Are we doing countries or areas (i did read in honestly, but i've forgotten)

I could be Midlands or Wales....depends who wants me most! :wink:

(or what the rules are)

iggmeister

PeterBale said:
It may be that we'd have to combine one or two areas together - possibly West with L&SC :?:

At the risk of such a distressing thought ( :wink: ), I quickly nominate myself for the West of England.

Igg

Di B

Well, I could have my arm twisted to support the Midlands I guess, but are you going to split it into East and West Midlands though?! :wink:

Straightmute

Spiritually I'm in NW, geographically I'm closest to Bradford (so Yorkshire) but regionally we compete in the NEng.

Have stick will travel.

D

Have read through all of these posts and here's just a few thoughts:

If Wem have 21 registered tmp players, there's not many seats left in that band!

If it's based on the area you live in or play in - sorry Rog you're disqualified for conducting Yorkshire! Unless you plan to move to Yorkshire of course??????

On a more serious note, I think that this is a good idea. It would take lots of planning and preparation.

neiltwist

i think due to more than half my family being part of the northern area, I'll play for the north, maybe.

bagpuss

JessopSmythe said:
so far, the Welsh entry looks set to be an unaccompanied bass trom solo :dunno

Mate..........I've heard you play........it's probably for the best all round if you do an unaccomanied bass trom solo. Preferably somewhere far far away!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Puss

bagpuss

Big Twigge said:
Are we doing countries or areas (i did read in honestly, but i've forgotten)

I could be Midlands or Wales....depends who wants me most! :wink:

(or what the rules are)

Not entirely sure it would matter for you Caroline whether it was countries or areas, your sense of direction and geographical knowledge aren't exactly legendary!!! However, I have heard of a band in CRAVEN ARMS that might take you......IF YOU CAN FIND THE PLACE!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :twisted: :oops:

Also, why do all the fuss anyway about different areas?? It's fairly obvious that it couldn't be under national band registry rules, therefore, we all put names in a hat so to speak and tMP competes in entertainment contests wherever we want without needing the restriction of areas etc. For example, if someone from Midlands wants to contest in Scotland for tMP and there's a space, then great!!!!

Puss

Product tMP members are discussing