tMP Contest

What dya think about a tMP contest

• Total voters

JessopSmythe

Just an idea I was floating over a few pints with Bigmamabadger after the CiN event.

How about forming a number of tMP bands, one representing each contesting area and having a bit of fun at our own entertainments contest?

Needs a bit of work but I'm sure it's feasable.

The Cornet King

Roger Thorne said:
Bagsy conducting the tMP band from the Yorkshire Region!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure with Roger at the helm we could quite easily whip a few other regions asses! :lol:

Sounds like a good idea to me...

Trom41821

As a non contesting member of TMP would that have to mean I would need to register somewhere? Excuse my ignorance but the last time I was registered with a band was back in blah blah 80 something :!: :!:

stephen2001

Yep. I'll quite happily represent the Midlands. Brass Bands are probably the only thing I don't want Yorkshire clubs to win!

JessopSmythe

Trom41821 said:
As a non contesting member of TMP would that have to mean I would need to register somewhere? Excuse my ignorance but the last time I was registered with a band was back in blah blah 80 something :!: :!:
Like I said, some details would need working on, but I reckon that between us we could work something out.

Roger Thorne

Just to let you all know the Mouthpiece.com team have already taken the idea on board and are already making plans!

:wink:

neiltwist

may I suggest that it would be members only, and official registration with the registry would not be required.

also, how about a gala concert style band/10 piece/quintet doing something as a gala concert type thing?

Aidan

here we go again...
il put myself in as long as it is between april - september and not outside ;) im sure doran will agree!

Di

Yep, Vicki and I can join in for the Midlands (as long as it doesn't clash with prior engagements!) :D :D

Di B

Or if not a contest, how about a proms concert (2nd half fancy dress essential!) with money from the door going to charity?

Just thinking that proms concerts are always a scream, everyone knows the pieces, and the audiences appreciate them!

Di

Does tMP have enough NYBBG and/or NYBBS/NYBBW members, (ex, current or pending) to create a band/s to enter this contest :?:

Borfeo

Id drag my bone out for a contest like this (Representing Scotland naturally). Great idea if it could work.