tMP Brass at Easingwold?

Keppler

Staff member
Eat Slugs? :? Or do I want to know?

Alas I can't make it for this.. I believe we have one of a number of special olympics jobs around that time.

Big Twigge

Correct Mr Thorne, you get extra points!!!!
:lol: (I can't help if that although I'm 20, I'm still a big kid at heart!).......will be back on topic soon of course!

Keppler

Staff member
BT, the older you get, the better it is to be a big kid.. I'm 25, and going strong..

*back on topic*

Is it me, or is there a sudden surge in Marchy-type contests?

sudcornet

I'm currently in contact with the association. I think there's a tentative yes-ish so far. We just have to be a " bona fide brass band" as far as the rules go, but, there's some concern about eligibility for prizes(I think they mean complaints if we win something) I promise to let you know ASAP, but keep the date(and the recovery day) free. Confession:- I have been known (in the dim and distant past) to climb on my mate's roof ('cos I could - before you ask....admittedly after a sh**load of beer) and moon at the moon .......(and one of us might have accidently peed down the neighbours chimney............., accidentally.....)
Sud.

yorkie19

Nigel

Given that you don't have to sign any registration documents, you could form a brass band and affiliate to the region? No-one would have to sign for the band, although there would be a cost involved. You could even request to be drawn number 1, to keep the beer-minded happy (especially if Twigglet is coming up from Shropshire).

If you do get an early draw, I might well be up for it, but Easingwold is traditionally a day for getting very, very drunk.

Sam

twigglet

yorkie19 said:
You could even request to be drawn number 1, to keep the beer-minded happy (especially if Twigglet is coming up from Shropshire).

Don't know if that is in reference to keeping me happy for transport reasons or because I'm beer minded

:wink:

PeterBale

Staff member
John: We have another "Page 3 of 2" appearing - or not appearing as the case may be :!: :!: :!: :oops: :oops:

(Edit) Seems to have righted itself with this post :!: :!: :!:

yorkie19

twigglet said:
yorkie19 said:
You could even request to be drawn number 1, to keep the beer-minded happy (especially if Twigglet is coming up from Shropshire).

Don't know if that is in reference to keeping me happy for transport reasons or because I'm beer minded

:wink:

Exactly! :lol: :guiness

Jus realised that I have a Band job on 28th of June that clashes with Easingwold, so sorry but I won't be able to make it :(

Hilary Mateer

EEb Bass

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
There is no draw at Easingwold. You actually play in the order you register your arrival with the contest officials. So if we want to play number 1 we just have to get there early.

twigglet

whoops.........

just realised that I am infact going on holiday on June the 28th which is a shame because it sounds like fun.

Wonky_Baton

Oh no! - my 40th birthday's the same weekend as Easingwold (I think - is it 21st June?) That means I'm older than Alan Seymour - woe is me!!! I thought I might be younger than at least one person in Houghton except my husband.

I am hoping that Easingwold is the weekend of the 28th cos I am organising a party for after the contest. Dont worry even if you are older you have worn better that me - I look 60. Worry of conducting I suppose. :roll:

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.