tMP Boffin - Stumped!

Roger Thorne

Active Member
Can anyone help me?

We are playing an Overture tonight at our spring concert entitled 'The Dawn of Spring' by E. Le Duc. (published by Wright & Round)

Has anyone got any information on the Composer/Arranger?

All I know is that he was French.

Any Offers? :?
 

Straightmute

Active Member
Roger Thorne said:
Can anyone help me?

We are playing an Overture tonight at our spring concert entitled 'The Dawn of Spring' by E. Le Duc. (published by Wright & Round)

Has anyone got any information on the Composer/Arranger?

All I know is that he was French.

Any Offers? :?
Not French but from Southport!!!

E le Duc was one of William Rimmer's pen names. He also used F le Duc, W Raymond, Wilton Roche, W Royle and others.

Best of luck for your concert.

D
 

IckleSop

Active Member
not that this has anything to do with the convo, but why do people get southport mixed up with stockport??!! it just wont do!
 

bagpuss

Active Member
everyone knows that roger.
Just a thought, but as tMP saddo etc etc etc, if he'd known it in the first place, why would he have asked the question???

Just wondering.


Puss
 
neiltwist said:
everyone knows that roger. :wink:
So if everyone knows that, one assumes that includes you too. So perhaps you'd like to educate us all and inform us of the other pen names that he used.
 
neiltwist said:
F le Duc, W Raymond, Wilton Roche, W Royle and others. :lol: :wink:
Me thinks that Straightmute actually said those a few days ago, if everyone knows that (as you said to Roger), I was hoping you'd name the others! Maybe not though.

Perhaps not eveyone knows that afterall Rog!
 

Aidan

Active Member
he also used..

P Wilby
P Sparke
J McCabe
E Gregson
G Vinter
H Snell
H Mortimer
W Marsalis
and A Smith
;)
 

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
Nadia said:
he also used..

P Wilby
P Sparke
J McCabe
E Gregson
G Vinter
H Snell
H Mortimer
W Marsalis
and A Smith
;)
You forgot to mention A. J. Ricketts and Corno di Bassetto!
 
Top