tMP Band to play at Pontin's - Questions

Roger Thorne

Uniform: As Lynchie says, we would like everyone to wear their own band uniforms to show the diversity of theMouthPiece.com, even if your own band isn't competing. For those who don't regularly play with a band a dark jacket, trousers and tie would surffice. On previous occasions we have allowed 'walking out' jackets but if possible we would urge you to wear 'stage/concert' jackets.

Band line-up: I'm working on this one at the moment, and should hopefully publish the final line up in the next week.

;)

skweeky

how do we all meet eachother? Will there be a big tannoy announcement sayin "tMP band to reception 5" or something like that?

Roger Thorne

As you can imagine organising this is a mammoth task and as we've only just received official confirmation, we are only starting to sort out the arrangements.
Any further details or announcements will be posted as and when required. Hopefully we'd like to post confirmation of all details within the next couple of weeks.

;)

timbloke

lynchie said:
we'll tell you about the initiation ceremony later...

mwahahahahahahahaha

from what i remember it involves carting a very heavy box across a freezing cold birmingham under crazy low bridges before playing to no audience under a giant wheel in the thick fog wearing a pink hat? n'est pas?

hope the organising is going well, are you going to post a programme up in advance (say a couple of weeks before the date) and is there going to be any chance of sending out one or two pieces of music if we've not seen them before and our bands can't get hold of them.

Roger Thorne

timbloke said:
hope the organising is going well, are you going to post a programme up in advance (say a couple of weeks before the date) and is there going to be any chance of sending out one or two pieces of music if we've not seen them before and our bands can't get hold of them.
The organisation is generally going very well and we will soon be publishing details for the weekend. Although we will have some idea of what we will be playing, we will not be publishing the programme before hand and definitely not sending out parts before the performances.
Frank Hodges/Pontins have very kindly offered us rehearsal facilities on both days so the programmes will be chosen during rehearsals.

;)

Keppler

Staff member
timbloke said:
from what i remember it involves carting a very heavy box across a freezing cold birmingham under crazy low bridges before playing to no audience under a giant wheel in the thick fog wearing a pink hat? n'est pas?
I'd almost forgotten about that! Now I know why my shoulder still hurts..

Keppler

Staff member
quite wierd, I'll admit... it's part of my charm...

<mutters> pot.... kettle</mutters>

kate_the_horn

hmm, getting worried i may not be able to play now, as i dont know what time 3rd section will be finishing!

please help me with whats going on, if i cant play saturday, i will defo play on sunday!

kell x:shock:

Roger Thorne

kate_the_horn said:
hmm, getting worried i may not be able to play now, as i dont know what time 3rd section will be finishing!

please help me with whats going on, if i cant play saturday, i will defo play on sunday!

kell x:shock:
I presume you have a late draw then! Third section starts at 2.00 p.m. and if none of the 20 bands withdraw (basing it on 4 bands per hour) I would expect it to be done and dusted by about 7.30 - 8.00 p.m.

;)

bigmamabadger

Have any timing been posted up yet? i.e. rehearsals etc. Have had a quick look but can't see anything in the usual places.
Excuse please have been living at high altitude in the Lake District for the week and am now cabbaged.
BMB
xx

Roger Thorne

bigmamabadger said:
Have any timing been posted up yet? i.e. rehearsals etc. Have had a quick look but can't see anything in the usual places.
Not yet, but hopefully by the middle of next week we should have all the details finalised.

;)

Roger Thorne said:
Not yet, but hopefully by the middle of next week we should have all the details finalised.

;)
Anymore news yet? I think the timings are wrong on the posts, as i'm sure i read this post at least a week ago - not last night! either that or i'm just crackin up which is just as likely!