tMP Band to play at Pontin's - Questions

Roger Thorne

Rebel Tuba said:
how big is this band, where are the vacancies, if any
For this event we will be looking for about 40-45 players (approx) so there's no real limit to the size of the tMP Band, Obviously the balance of players has to be taken into account but at this stage we are just looking for people who are available and willing to play.

Don't worry about vacancies, if your at Pontins and have put your name forward you'll be playing.

:wink:

Rebel Tuba

:twisted:
Is that a threat or a promise :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger Thorne said:
Rebel Tuba said:
how big is this band, where are the vacancies, if any
Don't worry about vacancies, if your at Pontins and have put your name forward you'll be playing.

:wink:

Ginge

Would love to play, but it's just awkward to take my cornet as well as the other luggage. Just too much to handle!

I'll be listening though! :D

Ginge

davegp said:
Come On Ginge - surely nothings too much for a JAG boy !!!! :lol:

Hmmmm... I'll have to think about it. Maybe if i borrowed someone elses cornet i could, but not going to take mine up. Got enough luggage as it is!
It also means no drinking during the day! :shock:
I'll have a think about it though.

Jamie

No drinking?

This coming from the bloke who, when questioned some years previously about his underage drinking, remembered to lie about the age of the person who bought him the drink, but not his own... thus getting it confiscated. Pull another one like that & I shouldn't think the playing versus drinking issue will present itself as such this year... :roll:

...thought we'd forgotten that one, didn't you... :wink:

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Tmp Pontin's Band Update

After perusing through the sign up list it looks like there will be a good (actually fairly well-balanced) group to play at Pontin's.

soprano bryan_sop, skweeky
cornet sparkly, backrowbloke, super_sop, dave payn, TheMusicMan, katej, beaker, Mel, Lottie4744
flugel cornetgirl, Jo Elson
tenor horn Lisa Holley, welcome2martonia, bigmamabadger, kate_the_horn, Julie Paton
baritone Dianamite
trombone timbloke, lynchie, stripybananas, Timbone, sunny_jimbob (bass)
Euphonium Di B, Seedhouse, stephen2001, solo_euph
Bass goerdiecolin (Eb), ben.gernon (Eb), BBCbari (Eb), Pythagoras, nickjbeaumarisband
percussion ploughboy, bagpuss, drummergurl, Well Worth It, Bluebottle

Mr. Thorne

I realize there might need to be some switching around to keep the sections even, but if we are competing, can you try to make sure we stay on our proper instrument. I can just see my MD saying, "You chipped those notes during the performance. Why were you mucking around on tenor horn anyways!"

(Actually my MD probably wouldn't say that as he is too nice)

Roger Thorne

BBCbari said:
Mr. Thorne

I realize there might need to be some switching around to keep the sections even, but if we are competing, can you try to make sure we stay on our proper instrument. I can just see my MD saying, "You chipped those notes during the performance. Why were you mucking around on tenor horn anyways!"

(Actually my MD probably wouldn't say that as he is too nice)
We certainly wouldn't expect anyone to swop instruments the night before a contest, so don't worry about that one. Looking at the list of players we seem to be pretty well covered in all sections.

Incidentally, thanks for letting me know about the link on the original post. It's now been sorted.

;)

Lisa Holley

Ah found you !!! is there a problem with link from the orginal post, couldn't get it to work???

Just thought would let anyone who was struggling with accommodation for the weekend, after speaking with another band, (who only booked there's last week).

I rang Pontins this morning and was able to book a chalet for the weekend, so there are still some left. (just said I was playing in a Band, didn't even have to say which one!!!)

See you all there

Anyone any ideas what we are likley to be playing, Some of us (that means me) need more practice than others

Roger Thorne

Lisa Holley said:
Ah found you !!! is there a problem with link from the orginal post, couldn't get it to work???
Link is now fixed!

Lisa Holley said:
Anyone any ideas what we are likley to be playing, Some of us (that means me) need more practice than others
Remember this is still a provisional booking at the moment. I have arranged to contact Pontins mid-September with a view to finalising details, so as soon as we get official confirmation we can sort out the playing positions and repertoire.

;)

timbloke

Any finalised details. Now that we're not competing at the contest, I'm quite keen on playing something, and as Lynchie said it gives an excuse for not drinking for 72 hours solid.

bigmamabadger

Please please please please....
has anyone who booked one of these late chalets got a spare bed? Or even a spare bit of floor that I can put my blow-up sleeping-bag on?

Otherwise I will have to spend 2 days driving up and down the A55...

Obviously I will contribute to the hire
I love you all very very much;)

BMB
xx

PS I am more or less housetrained.

lynchie

bigmamabadger said:
Please please please please....
has anyone who booked one of these late chalets got a spare bed? Or even a spare bit of floor that I can put my blow-up sleeping-bag on?

Otherwise I will have to spend 2 days driving up and down the A55...

Obviously I will contribute to the hire
I love you all very very much;)

BMB
xx

PS I am more or less housetrained.
wouldn't know about this sort of thing, but if I were you I might try sending a pm to Sparkling Quavers... just on the off chance... hint hint...

bigmamabadger

lynchie said:
wouldn't know about this sort of thing, but if I were you I might try sending a pm to Sparkling Quavers... just on the off chance... hint hint...

Sorted! Lovely Flixtonites!
BMB
xx

skweeky

I had the same problem and ive had to resort to going 98 miles up and down england/wales seeing as i cant seem to find a chum with spare kipping space. Its all part of the fun though ;-)

lynchie

Usually we tend to go with wearing our own band uniforms to show "The variety of theMouthpiece.com"

No special requests for pink hats all round I take it Roger?

skweeky

is white shirt and band tie ample enough coz my band arnt playing anymore or will i have to bring my bandjacket for it?

Product tMP members are discussing