tMP Areas Prediction Competition now LIVE!!!

Moy

Good game chaps...like it.
Mind you hit or miss don't know many bands in England/Wales apart from top section ones. :wink:

iggmeister

Perhaps I missed this point, but when is the last date/time for voting? Also, can you e.g vote for Yorkshire areas only up until 5th March, and then vote for the others on e.g 10 March? Is it possible to split up the voting in this way? What I am asking is, do you have to do all at once and if not, more importantly, when is the closing date for each area? :?

Igg

flugelgal

What fun!

Like "fantasy football" but for bands.. maybe I have more hope of doing well in this one...

Kirsty

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
OK - loads of questions... so here goes ...

Thanks for pointing out where we have made mistakes in band names. Please accept our apologies for these errors - we mean no insults... :wink: and we will endeavour to correct these errors ASAP. Please allow us a reasonable time to get this correct - thanks.

Welsh Bands: Apparantly, the list of bands in the Welsh Area has only just been released. Again, we will update the list ASAP

We haven't put any 'rules' on this to govern when you can vote. So, technically speaking you could vote for a band or predict your results after the event has actually taken place. This is only a bit of fun after all, and we didn't think we needed to go to the trouble of that much coding validation. So - you can vote whenever you fancy it!!! :)

We have put control on who votes and how many times you vote. You will notice that when you click on the link your name is carried forward etc. You will also note that you can only predict once per section per area. You can however, ammend your vote if you change your mind...:)

Hope those of youwho have seen this are enjoying our little bit of fun, and we hope to have loads of votes/predictions come each of the area competitions.

Please keep us informed of any more errors you spot. Cheers

John & the gang

Aidan

another thing.. it looks like it is possible to put 1 band as all 3 choices... is this allowed.. as if they come in top 3 it guarantees some points.
ie. 1. YBS 2. YBS 3. YBS
= 5 points for ybs coming 1st (;);) touch wood *taps doran's head*) + 2x 2 points for predicting them in top 3...
= 9 points.

Keppler

Staff member
oops.... thought I had that uploaded.. :roll:
that's what I get for working on several things at the same time..

now sorted ;)

PeterBale

Staff member
Nadia said:
another thing.. it looks like it is possible to put 1 band as all 3 choices... is this allowed.. as if they come in top 3 it guarantees some points.
ie. 1. YBS 2. YBS 3. YBS
= 5 points for ybs coming 1st (;);) touch wood *taps doran's head*) + 2x 2 points for predicting them in top 3...
= 7 points.
No points for mathematics I'm afraid :shock: :oops: :wink:

i just looked on that link, and wot have ppl been voting for?? im shocked!!!
obviously people don't know welsh bands very well then!

aswell as placings it would of been good to have a dark horse aswell. that would of been good. :D