Things with your name that aren't you...

Is there a product with your name?

The other day we came across some 'Dawn' washing up liquid! and some other strange thing on the net called dawny which we've still not identified!

First or last names are allowed. Or is there one with both?!

Dawn-feeling in a random, citrusy fresh mood :D

mikelyons

Supporting Member
Where do I start?

There used to be Lyons Tea Houses, there are still Lyons cakes. There are a couple of famous Lyons people, including Charmian Lyons who I found myself dealing with over a recent copyright application and a number of famous professors and even broadcasters.

There's also the City in France, a town in the US and a 'city' in Illinois etc. etc. etc.
Of course, there's also the lesser-known branch of the family that used to live in erm... Clarence House, was it ;)

Naomi McFadyen

ok: this is easy....

I'm NOT Cornish.... ie: do not come from Cornwall... and I do NOT talk Cornish...
I am NOT a Cornish Pasty...
I am NOT Cornish Ice Cream...
I am NOT Cornish Clotted Cream...
I am NOT Cornish Toffee... Cornish Coffee... Cornish whatever else there is....

OK?!?!

I am only Cornish by name... nothin' else...

:lol: :lol:
;-)

lister89

Not really but I'll challenge anyone to find one with my name being used! Mind I do have to double check everytime I see the word Stalibridge!

bigmamabadger

Well there's the obvious and very famous book named after me by that Du Maurier woman, and I just Googled Winn which gave me "WinnGrips - the best grips in golf"
Also Googled Hallihan and got this quote which I daren't follow up in case I get done for looking at naughty stuff on the web: "YOU must fight your way through the infamous LABYRINTH OF EVIL to free SEXX O'HALLIHAN
from the clutches of COUNT ZOG..."
BMB
xx

DublinBass

Supporting Member
dyl said:
There used to be a pub in Bangor called Dylan's - if only! ;)

There's also a Dylan's pub outside of Atlanta, GA in Gwinett county.

My wife and I have noticed there are Paticus and Diana Monkeys.

Big Twigge

Many variations on the surname, going with first name there's Radio Caroline, www.caroline.com, Online Caroline ( :shock:), Stockings by Caroline!... the list goes on (based on a quick google search)

2nd man down

Staff member
AAAaaaaaarrrghghhhh!!!!, My name's Crawford and I've been a pack of biscuits all my life!!!!!!

My nickname at school was Cheddars!! :-?

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Big Twigge said:
Many variations on the surname, going with first name there's Radio Caroline, www.caroline.com, Online Caroline ( :shock:), Stockings by Caroline!... the list goes on (based on a quick google search)

Don't forget your nasty marmout creations...twigletts (I know your sister wouldn't)

TomG

lister89 said:
Not really but I'll challenge anyone to find one with my name being used! Mind I do have to double check everytime I see the word Stalibridge!
Well you can have Lizzie Drums: http://mysite.verizon.net/res8c016/

I, however have a certain well known tyre company :D
dance.gif

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Unsuprisingly not a lot for my name - a few far eastern hits off Google but as I can't read Japanese I'm not sure what they relate to :) .

Although there is a guy who has played guitar on tour for Kylie Minogue called John Hayto...he can't be a relative as he's Austrailian (I think) and "my" version of "Hayto" is very British, despite its eastern sounding-ness.

Brian Bowen

mikelyons said:
Where do I start?

There used to be Lyons Tea Houses, there are still Lyons cakes. There are a couple of famous Lyons people, including Charmian Lyons who I found myself dealing with over a recent copyright application and a number of famous professors and even broadcasters.

There's also the City in France, a town in the US and a 'city' in Illinois etc. etc. etc.
Of course, there's also the lesser-known branch of the family that used to live in erm... Clarence House, was it ;)
Does anyone else remember the BBC radio comedy show "Life with the Lyons" starring Ben Lyons and Bebe Daniels (Ben's wife)? I think they were Canadians living in GB. More one-time famous Lyons for you, Mike.