There's no place like moan!

Thirteen Ball

bigmamabadger said:
7. And just for 13Ball (although this must refer to the fairweather bikers he mentioned, not proper bikers, I'm sure) bikers who snarl up behind you and squeeze past in front of an oncoming truck, then cut in front of you and give you the finger because you didn't stop and let Their Mighty Machoness on their way.
Amen to that. They give the anti-bike lobby (Jeremy Clarkson et al) all the ammunition they need to turn us into pariahs.

There's a time and a place for hooning around and revving the spuds off it. The A62 at 9am on a weekday is NOT IT! Save it for the trackdays.

2nd man down

Staff member
Anybody who has ever stolen or damaged anyone else's property and justified it by saying that the victim "probably had it insured". :mad:

Charmed

People who still insist on using their mobile phones while driving are really starting to get on my nerves. I haven't got hands free, so if my mobile rings, I wail until I am parked safely before responding to it. If you are expecting a call that is that urgent, then fork out for the legal hands free kit. I use my car a lot during the day for my job, and everytime, and I mean everytime I go out in it, I see at least 2, but often more, talking away on their phone whilst driving.

DON'T THEY KNOW IT IS AGAINST THE LAW !!!!!! Aaghhhhhh. :mad:

Pops2501

Thirteen Ball said:
Not to mention exceptionally dangerous, as it distracts your attention away from the road.
I totally agree - Talking on a mobile and driving just do not go together - It is something I am unable to do. I can't talk, steer and drive at the same time - it just does not work - So how other people do it is beyond me.

bagpuss

My updated list (may not actually be any different to previous ones but these are the things that annoy me at the moment).

1. Sunday drivers - there is nothing in the bible or any other holy book that I'm aware of that says "Though shalt drive VERY slowly on a Sunday and annoy EVERY other road user."
2. Caravans and caravanners - see above but instead of just Sundays being mentioned, it should be any day.
3. People who don't indicate at all - No, contrary to popular belief I am NOT clairvoyant.
4. Boy racers - Get a life! If I had that sort of money with which to 'modify' a car and thrash it round a town centre somewhere, I certainly wouldn't be 'modifying' a saxo/nova/fiesta etc etc.
5. Inappropriate speed limits - coming soon to a lovely dual carriageway near you, lots of white lines, hatchings to close off lanes that were previously very usable and a speed limit that most hearses could break.
6. People who drive at considerably less than the speed limit. - If I'm in a 30mph limit and the road conditions allow, I want to be doing 30mph not 19mph. If you want to go that slowly, pull over and let me past. Similarly in national speed limit areas, if I can I want to be doing 60mph. GET OUT OF MY WAY. I am on a 125cc moped, if I've caught you and I'm trying to pass you YOU ARE GOING TOO SLOWLY.
7. Managers or people who think they are - Put 'manager' in someones job title or supervisor or something like that and they think they have a God given right to order lesser minions around. Well, my manager did until he tried it with me!! Bless him.
8. Officious people - Jobsworths. Words cannot describe the contempt I hold these people in.
9. Lorries trying to pass each other on dual carriageways - You're both limited to 56mph (allegedly) and you're trying to pass each other at that speed. I've seen glaciers move faster.
PC World/Currys/Dixons - Just how can they justify trying to charge £50 for something I can pick up elsewhere for £10?? Standard of service is pretty poor too.

That'll be all for now!!!

Puss

Tom-King

Andy Moore said:
People who complain about 'chavs' / general young people without understanding them.
People who dare to mention general young people and chavs in the same sentence... :mad:

We (young people/teenagers) DO NOT all behave badly... We are not all the same, infact many of us are just as irritated about chav behaviour as anyone else.

As for understanding chavs... there is nothing to understand, there is no possible explanation or excuse for their behaviour...

(sorry for the rant)

Thirteen Ball

The current thing that bugs me (don't ask why.)

Phoebe from "Friends."

She has convinced half the world that Masseuse, a well-established french word meaning a woman schooled in massage, is pronounced "Massoose" rather than how it should correctly be said, to rhyme with Chauffeur (or for that matter, Chauffeuse!)

Maybe it's just that with all the millions of dollars an episode those six characters were paid, and the gazillions of dollars it made worldwide, they could've chucked a couple of dollars into research to find out how to speak their own flippin' language!!!!!

PS - What would channel 4 show if they didn't have umpteen episodes of "friends" to endlessly repeat?

jingleram

Thirteen Ball said:
The current thing that bugs me (don't ask why.)

Phoebe from "Friends."

She has convinced half the world that Masseuse, a well-established french word meaning a woman schooled in massage, is pronounced "Massoose" rather than how it should correctly be said, to rhyme with Chauffeur (or for that matter, Chauffeuse!)

Maybe it's just that with all the millions of dollars an episode those six characters were paid, and the gazillions of dollars it made worldwide, they could've chucked a couple of dollars into research to find out how to speak their own flippin' language!!!!!

PS - What would channel 4 show if they didn't have umpteen episodes of "friends" to endlessly repeat?
LOL maybe they MEANT to say it like that, After all, believe it or not it is a comedy show! :rolleyes:

Pops2501

People who are two faced liars - all nice and friendly and honest (you think)- and then you find out have been lying straight to your face all the time. (Voice of experience, had it done to me very recently :( :oops: :-?)

Last edited:

Pythagoras

Americanisms creeping into our spellings.

Our reprographics person at school has just a put up a load of posters for us where it says formulas. Formulas! Makes us look like right idiots. (Correct word is formulae).

Thirteen Ball

Pythagoras said:
Americanisms creeping into our spellings.
Too right.

Don't even get me started on verbalisation of nouns. "Burglarized" in stead of burgled, and all that other drivel George Dubya spouts every day.

Katy Schrover

I really hate people who spit. Yuck! I saw a boy out with his girlfriend who spat at her feet. If he was with me, he'd 'ave a slap! It's football culture and it is disgusting. People who spit in the street should be fined, especially those who leave bits of phlegm in it. It makes me feel sick.

BandTaxi

dyl said:
People who type 'of' instead of 'have'. eg. "I could of won", "We should of won".
......and people who SPEAK like that!

Also people who put apostrophes in the when they're not needed, leave them out when they are needed or just put them in the wrong place.