The Staffordshire Band - Players Required

Shaun Elliott

Cornet Players based in the Midlands?

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details see most recent posts

Are you a cornet player living in the Midlands looking for a new challenge?

The Staffordshire Band, based in its own purpose-built Bandroom in Rushall near Walsall, is looking for two cornet players.

Rehearsals are on Wednesday and Friday from 8.00pm and details of the Bandroom's location and further contact details can be found on the Band's website at www.thestaffordshireband.org.uk

This Championship Section Band, under Musical Director David Maplestone, has a terrific variety of concerts, as well as a number of top contests lined up, during 2003.

Get your 'Mouthpiece' out now and you may in the Band's line-up for 'The Senior Cup' in Blackpool in early May with 'Paganini Variations'.

Opportunities in the Midlands don't get any better than this.

Make contact now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun Elliott

Solo Trombone for The Staffordshire Band

The Staffordshire Band (championship section), based in Walsall, West Midlands will soon be needing a Solo Trombone as our present player is moving to Holland!

So, as of July, if you want a fresh challenge with great concerts and contests ahead, then this is the Band for you!

If you are interested, then contact Shaun Elliott as soon as possible!

Shaun Elliott

The Staffordshire Band needs a further percussionist

The Staffordshire Band, National Champion Band of Great Britain (First Section) 2002 and now back in the Championship Section, based near Walsall, West Midlands needs a further percussionist to join the ranks of its percussion section, generally regarded to be one of the best in the Midlands, if not the country.

Rehearsals are on Wednesday and Friday from 8.00-10.00.

Further details of the band can be found on:-

www.thestaffordshireband.org.uk

Please contact me at the addresses below.

Shaun Elliott

Cornet Players for Tristan in the Midlands?

The Staffordshire Band, based in Walsall are looking for two back row cornet players in time for this year's Area Contest.

We rehearse twice a week on a Wednesday and Friday in Walsall, from 8.00pm 'till 10.00pm.

Some great contests and concerts lined up for this year as well.

Apply in confidence to me asap, or check out the web site on

Edit: Link to website now working (RT)

Shaun Elliott

Musical Director for The Staffordshire Band

The Staffordshire Band, based in Walsall, West Midlands invite applications for Musical Director.

Apply in confidence to the Band's Chairman, Shaun Elliott using the contact details below.

Auditions will be held as soon as possible after the Area Contest in early March.

Further details about the Band can be found on,

Morghoven

I'd like to add that Staffs are a) very friendly b) very hard-working and c) have got a lot of very fine players round the stand - and I'm being as unbiased as I possibly can! Come on conductors, what are you waiting for?!

And now back to Mr Chairman....

Dave

Shaun Elliott

Final Call................

Now that we have qualified for the Finals, we are now going to get down to selecting our new MD.

Time is running out.

If you are interested, then contact me now!

Shaun Elliott

The Staffordshire Band

The Staffordshire Band, based in Walsall who rehearse on a Wednesday and Friday are looking for a Bb Bass Player asap.

The Band has a great contest and concert season ahead and is looking to consolidate and improve on the fantastic success of 2004.

To find out more, visit http://www.thestaffordshireband.org.uk

If you are interested, then please contact me in confidence

jenzi

I am an Eb bass player currently studying Tuba at Birmingham Conservatoire and I am looking for a band!! I have played Bb bass music before, but on an Eb bass, I have never played Bb bass. I am so desperate to join a band as I miss contesting so much, I would be willing to play Bb bass. I miss contesting so much! As I have never played Bb bass, I don't mind what your answer is. But I am willing to play it and want to play in a band again!

Shaun Elliott

Calling all Students coming to the Midlands!

The Staffordshire Band, a Championship Section outfit based in Walsall, invite any student coming to the Midlands to study from September, to come along for a 'blow'.

All instruments are welcome.

We rehearse on a Wednesday and Friday.

For further details and directions, etc please contact Shaun Elliott, Chairman.

Shaun Elliott

The Staffordshire Band, Championship Section, based in Walsall, West Midlands are looking to strengthen their ranks for the forthcoming contest/concert season.

We rehearse on a Wednesday and Friday evenings.

We are looking for a Bb Bass, Percussion and Trombone players, although all others are welcome to apply as well.

rosey

The Staffordshire Band - Eb/Bb Bass Vacancy

Hello,

The Staffordshire Band (Championship Section) based in the West Midlands have vacancies for both a quality Eb and Bb Bass player.

Recent achievements include:

Pontins Champions (2 years running)
Buxton Champions (2 years running)
Senior Trophy Winners
Senior Cup Runners Up
Grand Shield (3 rd Place)

We are a hard working band looking forward to a successful year & future.

Please PM me or contact me on 07879 054662 if you are interested in these vacancies.

Many thanks. Charlie.:D