The spirit of contesting?

Obviously no 'unofficial' instruction was made!

Everyone who was there enjoyed the day and have congratulated Carlton. Why can't it just be left at that.

timbloke

tubafran said:
Just another thought on the issue of entertainment contests and that is the issue of mixed sections e.g. Dronfield Entertainment next month has two Championship and one 2nd section band. So unless there is some form of handicapping the higher section bands according to the book it should only be a two-horse race. However I don't imagine that will stop the 2nd Section band attending (quids in on the highest non Champion Section prize though.

Last time I checked Stannington were well and truely in the first section. I can see your point, but I also think it'll make even more sweet when we blow the competition away!! (and this time within the allowable time limit)...

tubafran

timbloke said:
Last time I checked Stannington were well and truely in the first section. I can see your point, but I also think it'll make even more sweet when we blow the competition away!! (and this time within the allowable time limit)...

Whoops - sorry for that Tim, I did think after I posted that I'd put the wrong section - and I even checked out your position at this year's areas - but by then I thought well no ones going to pick up on this so I didn't bother changing it - bigga d'mistake to make.

I think i'll definately be at Dronfield with my big bag of rustling sweeties - if I sit near the adjudicate might be able to influence his hearing of the other bands;). Seemed to work last year - was that you granny in the audience?

I m going to enjoy the Dronfield contest, I think it'll be a good thing for us to challenge ourselves against higher section bands and I think we'll do pretty well (If we keep within the time this time!! ).