The Person Below Me

wife divine

Supporting Member
I do ! It would be awesome. A horse with a horn. Whatever next ! A cow with a trombone ?

The person below has totally forgotten what they were doing.

Mesmerist

I've just watched Poldark and will have to tell daughter no 1 not to watch as she adores Demelza and will be so very angry and disappointed in Ross. Glad Demelza punched him!

The person below remembers apple scrumping. (This may be a Midlands word - Bill, it means stealing apples from a tree that's not in your garden!)

Since you have explained it, yes, and it wasn't that long ago. What would it be with watermelons, and around here, pumpkins??????? (have I become that predictable?)

The person below hates to see the days get shorter.

wife divine

Supporting Member
That's true and the years also seem to get shorter as you get older as well .

The person below has discovered that adding lime cordial to iron brew makes a fantastically refreshing drink.

Jack E

Nope; but I have discovered that my local Morrison's sells Fentiman's fermented botanical Curiosity Cola and Dandelion & Burdock in 750ml bottles, for £2 a bottle - lovely stuff, and very refreshing!

The person below me saw Ed Balls dancing in his yellow suit - and CRINGED as much as I did . . .

Mesmerist

Nope. Did watch the Apprentice and last weeks Poldark but that's about it.

The person below me is sorry half term is nearly over.

wife divine

Supporting Member
Nope. Very wet weather here today. Might listen to Tredegar's CD 'Dark Arteries' and get goody bags ready for trick or treaters.

The person below is just thinking that this weekend used to be Pontins contest weekend.

Mesmerist

No, but having serious doubts about staying at Butlins in January.

The person below is wondering why there is a tradition of smashing crockery at Greek weddings? (It'd be more fun at a Divorce party!)

wife divine

Supporting Member
No. I know someone who actually tripped on the wet fallen leaves and damaged their knee rather badly.

The person below is fed up with hearing fireworks. Why can't people wait until November 5th ?

Mesmerist

Bit like Halloween being spread out from Friday onwards in some places. It's the DAY of the Dead, or the night of the souls depending on the local culture not the week of scrounging cheap sweets.

The person below me has missed reading a post on Mumsnet using the word "sups" instead of supper. Some of the replies following this interesting word have caused me to laugh so much I'm in pain!

Jack E

The person below me has missed reading a post on Mumsnet using the word "sups" instead of supper. Some of the replies following this interesting word have caused me to laugh so much I'm in pain!

Correct - I've never even looked at Mumsnet - so . . . any chance of some quotes, then?
:)

Jack E

Bit like Halloween being spread out from Friday onwards in some places. It's the DAY of the Dead, or the night of the souls depending on the local culture not the week of scrounging cheap sweets.

You could always try putting a pumpkin like this on your doorstep:

ScaryPumpkin.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

Mesmerist

Jack, I once had a long term relationship with someone who looked like that!

The person below me has mucked out a horse this morning at 7am and feels virtuous.

wife divine

Supporting Member
No, at 7.00am this morning I was trying to get rid of cramp in my left foot. Must remember to take quinine in future.

The person below is looking forward to tonight's Pobol Y Cwm. Very exciting storyline at present !

Jack E

Jack, I once had a long term relationship with someone who looked like that!

You did? :eek: :eek: I've heard of people 'living on the edge', Mesmerist, but don't you think that was taking it to extremes??

Next she'll be telling us she plays hopscotch in minefields . . . just to pass the time . . .
;)

Mesmerist

I have had many foolish moments and poor choices but not tried hopscotch in a minefield. Sort of thing you may see on Jackass. (Anyone see the episode where they had double see-saws in an enclosure with a charging bull? It didn't end too well...)

The person below me is pleased to hear the Ozone Layer is beginning to heal. (according to a very recent programme on radio 4 - so must be right?)

wife divine

Supporting Member
If the ozone layer is beginning to heal then it's excellent news. How quickly will it heal though and will there be setbacks ?

The person below had no idea that cats liked garlic bread with cheese.

Slider1

If the ozone layer is beginning to heal then it's excellent news. How quickly will it heal though and will there be setbacks ?

The person below had no idea that cats liked garlic bread with cheese.

I had no idea cats ate garlic bread let alone liked the stuff, but the thing about the Ozone Layer is what came first: The hole in it, or the Gizmo that discovered the hole in the first place?

The person below me probably doesn't know either.