The 'Official' tMP North of England Regional Thread

imthemaddude

ersop said:
Hard luck yesterday Rach (can't beleive I failed to notice the mini skirt) but the good news (depending on your viewpoint) is (pending ratification from the area committee) only Broughtons will be relegated (and they can appeal) from the Top section as there are only 10 bands on the grading register

What about the three to go up from the 1st section as westoe and greggs are on the same points I believe - what happens to them?

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
imthemaddude said:
What about the three to go up from the 1st section as westoe and greggs are on the same points I believe - what happens to them?
It does have to go to the area committee for a decision but the normal procedure is for all three to go up.

By the way wonky Bob says please can you change your signature. You do not play Eb bass for Broughtons and haven't for the past 9 months or don't you want to go to Australia with us

Ste69

Accidental said:
Did Reg Vardy (or anyone else) have baritones muted at the beginning? Just curious...

I'll be perfectly honest, the Baritones have been sat in front of me for the last x number of weeks and I couldn't possibly tell you if they had them in or out!!!!! :p

(Must be the immense concentration required to try and keep myself in tune that has blanked it from my memory) :confused:

Straightmute

Ste69 said:
I'll be perfectly honest, the Baritones have been sat in front of me for the last x number of weeks and I couldn't possibly tell you if they had them in or out!!!!! :p

Your baritones were muted, Steve. You were obviously watching the MD with such concentration, to the exclusion of all else...

D

Ste69

Straightmute said:
Your baritones were muted, Steve. You were obviously watching the MD with such concentration, to the exclusion of all else...

D

Got it in one David - It's a wonder I didn't notice though. Every rehearsal I had to move him to the right just so I could see Gareth. (He has a massive head!!!!!) - The baritone player, not Gareth!!!! ;)

yorkie19

missflugel said:
If a bass player from Grimethorpe can say we were a good few points ahead

Since when did Mr Wilton know anything about music! lol

Seriously though, I have to agree with him. I was a little taken aback when I heard the results. I thought Fishburn played really well and can consider themselves very unlucky to have finished higher. That was the best Area performance I've heard from the band in a good few years.

Sam

Horace

Thanks Sam

I am still finding it difficult to accept missing out on a qualification place yet again (it still hasn't sunk in yet), especially as the band and Major McElligott were over the moon with the way we played, but it is heartening to read positive comments on the band's performance from people such as yourself. It really does mean a lot to me and the rest of the band. Good luck to Ransomes in your area challenge! Also, best of luck to RV, Chester-le-Street Riverside and BHK Horden come October.

iggmeister

Straightmute said:
Not sure about RV but some bands did. (Not us!)

D

Was that because you knocked them out (like the solo cornet music) with your 'flamboyant conducting' (according to 4BR!)?

Igg

Straightmute

iggmeister said:
Was that because you knocked them out (like the solo cornet music) with your 'flamboyant conducting' (according to 4BR!)?

Igg

No! The music fell off because of the wonky stage - I never touched it! I was a model of restraint on Sunday...

And the drummer was slightly offstage at letter D as we were doubling up the percussion parts at that point and I'd asked them to be as widely spaced as possible.

D

Ste69

Straightmute said:
No! The music fell off because of the wonky stage - I never touched it! I was a model of restraint on Sunday...

And the drummer was slightly offstage at letter D as we were doubling up the percussion parts at that point and I'd asked them to be as widely spaced as possible.

D

Did you give them something to smoke beforehand ;)

Straightmute

Ste69 said:
Did you give them something to smoke beforehand ;)

Nah. It was the euphs who needed to get high.

But for all that the percussion had to do I'm surprised they didn't take some rollys, a few cans and a deck of cards on stage with them.

D

PeterBale

Staff member
Straightmute said:
Nah. It was the euphs who needed to get high.

But for all that the percussion had to do I'm surprised they didn't take some rollys, a few cans and a deck of cards on stage with them.

D
* floats into fantasy . . . "and the deuce reminds me there are two sorts of turns . . ." *

;)