The 'Official' tMP North of England Regional Thread

JR

cornetgirl said:
Think you may be right there John.

Well done on Lockwood's result btw.

Didn't hear any other bands (left for home straight away to transport our pregnant principal in relative safety) but I'm sure everyone played great!

Rach x

Thanks Rachel! Do i take it Ruth is ok? please send my regards
Was my old EYMS mate Pete Wilson playing?

john r

cornetgirl

Ste69 said:
Really??? Apparently not!!!!;)

Just kidding - Didn't get to say "hi" to Rach so.....................

"hi"

:)

HIIIIII! Didn't see you - too busy wondering why oh why I'd forgotten how lousy the Dolphin Centre steps to stage are - where was the handrail this year and why did I wear a miniskirt and high heels????

What happened with you guys - didn't hear you, you must be mightily disappointed. Not East Yorkshire's year it seems!

Rach x

cornetgirl

JR said:
Thanks Rachel! Do i take it Ruth is ok? please send my regards
Was my old EYMS mate Pete Wilson playing?

john r

Yes, Ruth is well - baby due in August and it's not the easiest of pregnancies but she did us proud today.

Pete was not only playing but driving the bus as well (hence why I was in the car!!! ;)). Mood is subdued in Cott (other than Cornet King's shirt...) so I think it will be a time for rebuilding - it's been a difficult 2 years so it's needed.

Rach x

The Cornet King

cornetgirl said:
Yes, Ruth is well - baby due in August and it's not the easiest of pregnancies but she did us proud today.

Pete was not only playing but driving the bus as well (hence why I was in the car!!! ;)). Mood is subdued in Cott (other than Cornet King's shirt...) so I think it will be a time for rebuilding - it's been a difficult 2 years so it's needed.

Rach x

Definately time for rebuilding...again. See what happens after this, what numbers remain etc.
Hope the qualifying bands do us proud in London...go get 'em. Chance for some new bands to taste London's atmosphere.

lister89

Heather said:
Many CONGRATULATIONS to Mark Condron..conductor of Dearham.
Well Done.
Hope you remember me from Swinton Concert Brass days!!
Good Luck in the Finals!!!!

Is that as in Swinton North Yorkshire?!?!

Mrs Fruity

JR said:
Am I right in thinking this is the former Newcastle Brown Ale band's first qualification?

john roberts

]

Yep you're right! And I'm as pleased for them as I am for us - my old home town band!!!
I'm convinced it's the old Robbo magic. Wahey!!!!

And I'm quite chuffed that we won too!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Roger Thorne

As this was the first area competition of this year I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts regarding whether or not the test pieces chosen proved too hard for the bands? or did all bands manage to cope with the music?

;)

Naomi McFadyen

Roger Thorne said:
As this was the first area competition of this year I would be interested to hear peoples thoughts regarding whether or not the test pieces chosen proved too hard for the bands? or did all bands manage to cope with the music?

;)

hehehe.... yea, I'm interested too :)

tomgtrumpet

Yeeessss!!!! My first ever Regional win in any section in any area + for the stat-meisters out there;
Reg Vardy are the first ever band invited to the BFBB English National Brass band Championship by right, (one for the pub quizzes of the future me thinks).

Well done to chester-le-st., fantastic result, been a pleasure helping you out in Witley Bay, next stop Albert Hall. And well done to Horden, just 2 years in the top section and qualifying for London. :) :) :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

P.S. Rienzi Stamina test?...well, a bit, but just put the hours of practice in and its a walk in the park. Good luck to you all over the next few weeks.

Straightmute

Congratulations to Ever REg vArDY from all at Harrogate, and to Horden and Chester le Street. Best of luck at the RAH in October.

We were very pleased with our showing and generally satisfied with the result - our best so far in the top section.

D

3rd Section

I like to say a BIG WELL DONE to all the bands at darlo yesterday. It was a high standard all round.

I would like to thank all the members of Ripon City for working so hard for me and doing me so proud. First year in the 3rd section and only their 3rd contest, I am over the moon with 5th place.

WELL DONE RIPON

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
yippee 2nd section here we come for the first time in our history.

A few weeks ago I would have said Tam was too hard but after a few weeks working on it I'd say it certainly gave us a challenge but is by no means unplayable by 3rd section. In fact I think it gave us more incentive to work at it and prove we were capable of playing it

ersop

cornetgirl said:
FIRST SECTION HERE WE COME!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Hard luck yesterday Rach (can't beleive I failed to notice the mini skirt) but the good news (depending on your viewpoint) is (pending ratification from the area committee) only Broughtons will be relegated (and they can appeal) from the Top section as there are only 10 bands on the grading register

The Cornet King

Thats interesting news Les...so we wont be relegated after all. :p
Not sure if that will be a great thing but time will tell. Got a yr to rebuild and look to the future.

Well done again to the qualifiers, only heard CLS, was in the bar rest of the time.
Interesting that it eventually didnt matter which way the turns were played. All that controversy again...for nothing.

Ste69

I only heard us.... and i thought it was quite a well put together performance.

But then again, i wasn't sat in the box (or the audience)

Did anyone hear us? What did you reckon?

Product tMP members are discussing