The 'Official' tMP North of England Regional Thread

well done 1. Easington Colliery - D Hirst, 3, 190*
2. Langbaurgh Brass - T Oldroyd, 6, 189*
3. Kirkbymoorside Town - J Woodward, 10, 188
4. Westoe (STHCT) - R Tennant, 11, 187

looked like it was a close contest, do you get any points if u had a band to win and they came 3rd?

Results: First Section

Commences: 12.00
Draw: 10.45
Adjudicator: Geoffrey Whitham
Test Piece: Comedy Overture – John Ireland

1. Easington Colliery - D Hirst, 3, 190*
2. Langbaurgh Brass - T Oldroyd, 6, 189*
3. Kirkbymoorside Town - J Woodward, 10, 188
4. Westoe (STHCT) - R Tennant, 11, 187
5. Greggs Bakery - J Durrant, 9, 186
6. Felling - G Tindall, 8, 184
7. Ellington Colliery - T Swainson, 5, 183
8. Gateshead Brass - M Fowles, 4, 182
9. York Railway Institute - D Warley, 2, 181
10. RMT Silksworth - J Bell, 7, 180
11. Houghton Brass - T Gibson, 1, 179

* Qualifiers for finals

Draw: Fourth Section

Commence 15.20
Draw: 14.00
Adjudicator: Derek Broadbent
Test Piece: Divertimento – Bryan Kelly

Aycliffe & Brancepeth - M Priestley, w
Barrow Concert - A Garbutt, 4
Bearpark & Esh Colliery - A Hall, 2
Dunston Silver - A Seymour, 3
Durham Constabulary - K McDonald, 1
Five Rivers Brass - D Beckley, 5
Hartlepool (Youth & Community) Silver - J Humberston, 8
Stanhope Silver - S Robson, 7
Trimdon Concert - A Holmes, 6

dyl

Just a quick reminder here guys: if posting results that have been obtained from other sources, please provide a link to the source so that they can be rightly credited.

Thanks.

geordiecolin

Just spoke to my sister and she and the rest of Westoe are rightly quite pleased with their result. I think some alcohol may be consumed.... Well done to all @ Easington, a good way to bounce back from the dissapointing result @ Butlins.

YAHAAAAAY

Well done everyone in Langbaurgh Brass. This makes up for last years freak result - Can't wait for the finals.

Oh and sorry for the little mistake I made - might have cost us 1st place.

Pierre

Got the dogs jumping in and out of the bath with soft squeeky toys making an awful racket and have placed the bath in the local aircraft hangar (strangely reminiscent of the acoustic) unfortunately couldn`t find any chlorine or set up the orange humming lights. However did manage to get a local farmer to simulate the air conditioning by turning on his corn drier!!!!!

Best Wishes to all, see ya in the bar after.
P

lister89

Well done Kirkby... doing it for Ryedale yet again..,. shame you didn't qualify but impressive all the same!!! Good luck Swinton and Stape for tomorrow, have fun in the Penny Weight without me :(

tim

Congratulations to easington well chuffed for you lads and lasses after the last 2 years hard work its what you guys deserve!!!

cornetgirl

Well done Five Rivers! It's been a long time coming but you deserve it!

(Someone rescue imthemaddude from the bar pls...)

Rach x

Andy_Euph

Congrats to the winners...tiring day! 7th not a bad result for the bands first year in 1st section, especially considering all the slips we made...always next year :biggrin:

Roger Thorne

Congratulations to Five Rivers on your victory :clap:

and also a big WELL DONE to Dunston conducted by our very own Wonky Baton - nice one Alan.

;)

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
Well done Imthemaddude great result for you and double well done to wonkybaton who conducted Dunston into 2nd place you've just got to either repeat it or go one better with us tomorrow please

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Cheers to Linda (Iamthemaddude)...I know its been a rough year for you guys, so enjoy it tonight and aenjoy it in Septmeber!!!

The Cornet King

Well done Lynda (Imthemaddude) and all the qualifiers from Saturday!
Nice to see a new band in the fourth section. New blood is just whats required. Well done to all.

lister89

Andy_Euph said:
Congrats to the winners...tiring day! 7th not a bad result for the bands first year in 1st section, especially considering all the slips we made...always next year :biggrin:

Well done Andy :D

BbBill

Supporting Member
So thats the 1st day of the Areas of 2005, Im sure there's some happy banders out there 2nite! Well done todays bands, and good luck to 2mors bands especially my old conductor Gordon Evans' band, Flimby Saxhorn, wahey!!