The 'Official' tMP L&SC Regional Thread

dyl

This is the official tMP discussion thread for the London and Southern Counties Area of the forthcoming Regional Championships of Great Britain.

Feel free to discuss your thoughts and predictions for each section within the Area - but don't forget to enter the tMP Predictions Competition - for your chance to contribute to the overall tMP Predictions (plus a chance to win one of the first copies of 'The Mouthpiece' - the winning march composed by Darrol Barry). Please note, that any predictions posted within this thread do not contribute towards the competition. Details of the tMP Predictions Competition can be found here: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12591

We also ask that when the results for the various sections are announced, they are posted in this thread, and not posted as brand new threads - it has the potential to become extremely messy should this be the case. We will be creating and maintaining a complete set of results for viewing on the tMP Portal as they happen.

Contest Details:

London & Southern Counties
Arts & Leisure Centre, Stevenage

Championship Section - Sunday, March 20th 2005
Adjudicator: David Read

Alliance Brass - J Clark
Aveley & Newham - N Taken
Friary Guildford - K Maxwell
Ipswich & Norwich Co-op - S Kenna
Kidlington Concert - C Underwood
KM Medway - G Wilson
Redbridge Brass - M White
Soham Comrades - Chris King
Welwyn Garden City - D Jones
Zone One Brass - S Dobson

1st Section - Saturday, March 19
Adjudicator: David Read

Alder Valley Brass - B Gentry
Becontree Brass - G Sheldon
Bedford Town - ?
Broseley Brass (MK) - P Fensom
Chichester City - D Hirst
City of Cambridge - R Gray
Clacton-on-Sea Co-operative - M White
Denham Hendon Brass - G Davies
Egham - G Green
Fairlop Brass - K Jordan
Hatfields of Colchester - ?
Haverhill Silver - M Ager
Matthews Norfolk Brass - D Stowell
Regent Brass - R Ward
St Albans City - S Garman
Staines Brass - I McElligott
Stonesfield Silver - T Brotherthood
Wantage Silver 'A' - M Pegram

2nd Section - Sunday, March 20th 2005
Adjudicator: Malcolm Brownbill

Betteshanger Welfare - D Burridge
Brighton & Hove City Brass - C Aberg
Capital Concert Brass - J Morahan
Cawston - C Swaep
Crystal Palace - M Gray
East London Brass - S Earley
Epping Forest - M Easener
Fulbourn & Teversham RBL - P Mott
Horsham Borough - G Bacon
Sandhurst Silver - R Burke
Tilbury - R Nunnery
Ware Brass - K Durbin
Yiewsley & West Drayton - C Cole

3rd Section - Saturday, March 19th 2005
Adjudicator: Malcolm Brownbill

Bradwell Silver - K Durbin
Cantium Brass - J Gould
Chinnor Silver - D Pegram
Croydon Brass - A Caldon
Enfield Motor Museum & Potters Bar Contest Band - S Jones
Epsom & Ewell Silver - T Howard
Great Yarmouth - S Philpot
Grimsdyke Brass - S Broughall
Hangleton - J Williams
Hemel Hempstead - G Weeks
Hilgay Silver - A Clarke
Hitchin - M Hurrell
Hungerford Town - T Crouter
Jersey Premier Brass - G Saynor
Jubilee Brass (Oxford) - K Membury
St Sebastian Wokingham - D Richards
Stantonbury Brass - J Jenkin
Woodbridge Excelsior - E Howells

4th Section - Sunday, March 20th 2005
Adjudicator: Stanley Lippeatt

Amersham - A Fawbert
Battle Town - J Penton
Bletchington Silver - S Barwick
Chalgrove - I Young
Charles Church Camberley - R Cherry
Cobham Band - D Ruel
Cottenham Brass - C Watson
Fakenham Town - D Wakefield
Fulham Brass - P McLaughlin
Haslemere Town - G Wade
King's Lynn Town - S Ingham
Letchworth Garden City - T Welch
Norfolk Wherry Brass - A Craze
Pangbourne & District Silver - D Roberts
Royston Town - G Smith
Somersham Town - D Chambers
Sussex Brass (Hastings) - S Hollamby
Tadley Concert Brass - P Chapman
Thundersley Brass - K Schroeter
Wantage Silver 'B' - P Uzzell
Waterbeach Brass - J Utting
Watford Band - M France

Last edited:

Meg

Accidental said:
There should be 11 in the top section - whats happened to Northfleet?

You just beat me to it! I was also wondering what has happened to City of Oxford? I thought there were supposed to be 12 bands in the Championship section.

stephen_clapton

hornymeg said:
You just beat me to it! I was also wondering what has happened to City of Oxford?

City degegistered, which is a shame for the area, on a local and national level. Im sure they will be back soon! :biggrin:

NeilW

IYOUNG said:
City of Oxford as I understand it are no longer in existence.

They do still exist, and are still playing concerts (e.g. at Brize Norton tomorrow evening)

However, shortage of players has meant that contesting this year wasn't going to be possible, so the band didn't register this year.

The other 2 bands in the City of Oxford Silver Band organisation are also still running (Oxford Templars and the Beginners band).

Neil.

IYOUNG

NeilW said:
They do still exist, and are still playing concerts (e.g. at Brize Norton tomorrow evening)

However, shortage of players has meant that contesting this year wasn't going to be possible, so the band didn't register this year.

The other 2 bands in the City of Oxford Silver Band organisation are also still running (Oxford Templars and the Beginners band).

Neil.

Apologies Neil - I stand corrected

Ian

Laserbeam bass

Fridge said:
Battle Town Band For 4th Section!!!!!!

Wooo

Go Battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that they were already in that section :rolleyes:

Just to give Will the Sec some inspiration, "there's only one F in Fulham" :clap:

DublinBass

Supporting Member
I'm starting to get really excited (and bit anxious) about the areas. This whole relegation/promotion/nationals thing really makes this contest much more important than any contest I've been in before. Usually it's like do you win or not...maybe did we beat that one band.

This year its like...
1st place: London Champions and RAH
2nd place: Get to go to RAH
3rd place - 4th place: Stay up in Champcionship section another year (party time)
5th - 8th place: Do we stay up...get out a calculator
9th - 10th: Down to first section

So much to play for!! WOW!!

Accidental

Supporting Member
BBCbari said:
5th - 8th place: Do we stay up...get out a calculator
9th - 10th: Down to first section
Don't panic yet Pat, its not as bad as you think! Oxford are still in the system, so they'll get 1 point more than last place (12 assuming Northfleet are going) and on points that means they should definitely go down. If I've done the maths right, even if you guys came last (which I'm sure you won't!) it doesn't guarantee relegation - it will depend where the others are placed.

NeilW

Accidental said:
Don't panic yet Pat, its not as bad as you think! Oxford are still in the system, so they'll get 1 point more than last place (12 assuming Northfleet are going) and on points that means they should definitely go down. If I've done the maths right, even if you guys came last (which I'm sure you won't!) it doesn't guarantee relegation - it will depend where the others are placed.

I'm not sure City of Oxford are "in the system" this year, as they are not registered at all - they are not simply a "did not enter" which would merit an "entries +1" score.

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Accidental said:
Don't panic yet Pat, its not as bad as you think!

Not paniced...just excited (If WGC get sent down, I probably won't be around for the 1st section days. Would still hate to see it happen on my watch though)

Laserbeam bass said:
I thought that they were already in that section :rolleyes:

Just to give Will the Sec some inspiration, "there's only one F in Fulham" :clap:

And there's no f in pencils. Can I deduce from this your less than tacit support on the day LBB?

Accidental

Supporting Member
davidquinlan said:
As far as I know, Northfleet have entered and will be competing.
I thought so too - that's good to hear!
If it is the case, I'm surprised noone from that band has noticed they're not on the lists here or for predictions though :-?

DublinBass

Supporting Member
Paul McLaughlin said:
And there's no f in pencils. Can I deduce from this your less than tacit support on the day LBB?

Unfortunately Paul, I believe you'll have my tacit support that day :frown: (Unless you have a late draw)

I think our band will be rehearsing in Welwyn when the fourth section is playing.

Does anybody else get frustrated that with the morning of rehearsals, immense weight times to get in the registration room, then in the registration room, then time taken to pack up...it becomes difficult to see your friends bands and support them?

Product tMP members are discussing