the NEW Bb Courtois cornet

Fifi

does anyone know where to get hold of the new Bb Courtois cornet. the one they hjave made specaily for the 200 year anniversary

Fifi

because Courtois has a much nice rounded sound compared to besson. Which are all now machine manufactured

markyboy

Is this the cornet that has gold plated valve caps etc?
Beki Farrington turned up to band on tuesday with a new Courtois cornet, very nice it looked too!
As mentioned before, Johnny Webster is the man to ask.

Fifi

yep it is the one with gold plated valve caps, and i want one. Beki got another of thses cornets for the princiapl of kingsway band. its so not fair.i never got one when iwas principal.

yorkyboy

Okiedokie of Oz said:
I hear in the soprano the Courtois rates higher than the Besson too....something about shonky tuning on a 926

The courtois sop is good but does not retain its value like the schilke does

Aidan

find a pic of the prestige and look at that.. mainly identical :p
apparently theyre not very good playingwise though ;) and that came from someone who isnt really allowed to say that!!

leisa

Nadia said:
find a pic of the prestige and look at that.. mainly identical :p
apparently theyre not very good playingwise though ;) and that came from someone who isnt really allowed to say that!!

i heard this too Fifi M (ooo daring?!?!) i did tell u but u ignaored me :cry: stick to yamaha hun!

cornydevil

I had a blow on one of the new courtois cornets a couple of weeks ago, very nice it was too, very easy blowing. I dont think it mixed very well with all the vamaha cornets at my band though (yamaha cornets quite bright).
Would love one though!

Okiedokie of Oz

leisa said:
i heard this too Fifi M (ooo daring?!?!) i did tell u but u ignaored me :cry: stick to yamaha hun!

I dunno about that call Leisa. My band is mainly Yamaha cornets, and I personally find the sound waaaay too bright and trumpeting. The two Bessons we have dull the sound out nicely, but I wish we had some more. And it doesn't just stop at the cornets. I fixed the basses by putting bigger mouthpieces in.

However, I won't totally diss Yamaha. Ours are student models. Haven't yet had the luxury of hearing a Maestro or heavy, but I know that any Yamaha Soprano is :x . Also, I don't mind a Yamaha Trombone of any calibre.