The Mouthpiece.com Band-Hardraw Scar 2003???

CRat63

Hello there everyone,
I have been approached today by the Yorkshire and Humberside committee as to whether we would be able to get together a scratch band together to play at the Hardraw Scar contest on September 7th. They were so impressed with our performance at Easingwold and wondered if we would be able to provide some 'after-contest' entertainment-probably lasting around 40 minutes. The contest is set next to the Hardraw Force-apparently the highest free fall waterfall in the country, and Hardraw itself is just the other side of Hawes in North Yorkshire. If it is at all possible, then we will need to get a move on asap, as I need to inform the association as soon as I can. If I could get some idea of numbers I would be very grateful, we would probably be playing around 3pm-but we would need a rehearsal before to have a run through the programme (if not a rehearsal at some point before the date itself!) Let me know your thoughts on the idea, if you are free and what instrument you could play, maybe the pieces we could perform etc....We would need to find a conductor too (feel free to volunteer messers Mute, MusicMan and Roger T!)
There is a bar on site, and the contest is sponsored by the pub that you have to walk through to get to the bandstand (that can't be bad can it!). Come on folks, lots of postings please-you know you want to!

Thanks in anticipation

Craig

cornetgirl

Yes please - count me in! I'll bring my flugel!

I can't do any rehearsing the day before because I'm on a course but any other time would be great!

Rach x

super_sop

Supporting Member
sounds good to me to, cant give a deffinate yet but ill let ya know wen i get back off me hols

Darth_Tuba

As its the week before the Open and my 21st, I may be either rehearsing or drinking I'm afraid. I'll let you know though.

Pythagoras

Can try and scab lift off Timbloke if your desperate for Euph (Is their an emoticon for barefaced cheek?) That's if he can get there. Or anybody else from Sheffield area. Will eventually grow up and learn to drive honest!

super_sop

Supporting Member
blondie said:
Have to lift share to get there though!!
Hi blondie, looks like i have the same problem as you, my wife wants me to leave the car behind, reckon anyone else from Wem would be intrestedin givin us a lift :?: :?: :wink: