the mouthpiece and test the nation

super_sop

Supporting Member
wel its over and done with now :(

lets see how the brass band world faired on the test, if everyone posts there (honest) results here we can have our own average.

me thinks me makes work for meself :cry:

dyl

I got 134 on my old pen and paper! Would've done it online if I was confident that ntl wouldn't kick me off me dial-up connection! ;)

NeilW

I suspect that the implication is for people who were "there on the day" to post there scores. That way we could prove it was all the viola players' fault.

I can imagine that there are some who'd rather not post them, so would someone decent and honest be willing to collect them from PMs and post them anonymously. If all else fails, send them to me and I'll post scores on behalf of the publicity shy.

I'll chip in my own score of 120.

As everyone has said - great day.

Neil

stephen2001

I don't mind collating results over the next few weeks if people want to PM me with them. I shall do the all the stats when exams are over in 4 weeks time.
If you send me your primary brass instrument with them as well, I'll do a comparision between the section, and get the definative answer as to which instrument is the smartest :wink: .

All PM's/emails will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.

sudcornet

According to the show I got 106. I can't say I'm that impressed as it doesn't correllate within 30 points of other independent tests I've done, or perhaps I just had a bad day. I know I was late pressing the button on one or two 'cos I was listening to Anne Robinson read the questions slowly instead of reading at my own pace.....Does sound a bit like sour grapes I know....whatever.
Sud.

Claire

Do the test again online, I just have and put the same answers as I put on Sunday and scored 130!

Blame it on the keypad!

sudcornet

Thanks Claire, I feel a bit better now you've said that...see you tomorrow.
Sud.

Edit:- Just did it again on-line, you seem to have so much more time. Using the same answers I gave on the night, apart from a couple where I remember panicking and pressing anything...this time I worked them out within the alotted time. This time I got 140, which I think is a touch high as all the previous tests I've done were either 133 or 134, so I'm still dubious on this test's accuracy. At least this time I could have a fag and I wasn't sweating like a pig with a numb bum and back ache!
Sud.

sudcornet said:
According to the show I got 106. I can't say I'm that impressed as it doesn't correllate within 30 points of other independent tests I've done, or perhaps I just had a bad day. I know I was late pressing the button on one or two 'cos I was listening to Anne Robinson read the questions slowly instead of reading at my own pace.....Does sound a bit like sour grapes I know....whatever.
Sud.

It's not sour grapes at all. I'm in line with you, on independant tests my score varied by approximately 25. Will follow the advise of Claire too and and do it online, hopefully I'll feel much better.

rutty

I got 118, but thought a I'd got more right than that too - maybe I pressed a bit early on a few, before the little red light came on. It doesn't really matter, it was just a bit of fun, but if you'd like another test, try the Mensa workout:

http://www.mensa.org/workout.html

Haven't tried it myself yet, but it reckons you've got 30 mins to answer 30 questions.

frisp

Keppler said:
22/30 - but I can't do anagrams so I skipped them..

Totally agree Ekplerp, anagrams are a niap in the rase....

..nonsense anagram kelimircs, now there's a thought :twisted:

groovy

I got 135 on the web test, but that wasn't very accurate seeing as I'd already seen the answers.

angie

i got 126 on pen and paper but as im under 19 my iq is supposedly 'underestimated'....not sure about that but i'll go along with it.

picju96

I got 23 on the mensa thingy, I can't do the english questions, only the maths and logic ones!

And 126 on the test the nation one.