** The Langley Band ** 1st Baritone required - NO MORE!

BottyBurp

I currently have vacancies for a decent Bb Bass and a Baritone player. Langley Band are 1st Section as of January 2004. We are a friendly bunch and you will be made welcome. Rehearsals are 8pm (prompt!) - 10pm Mondays & Wednesdays. We are situated half a mile from Junction 2 of the M5 (Oldbury/West Bromwich area).

Have a look at http://www.langleyband.co.uk

Oooo, I'm tempted!!!! I've still not got a band in the grim north (or a job, come to think of it!!!)

Hope you find your players soon!

Any players who are thinking of it, I can tell you that Cliff (BottyBurp) is a BFG (Big Friendly Giant!!!!) :)

BottyBurp

OK, I know you're all just playing hard to get but maybe the fact that we just won Leamington (2nd Section) will help coerce you. Come on, you know you want to... :grnsm

Incentive to join

If it helps all of you teetering on the brink of joining...Bottyburp insists on buying the band a round of drinks after any contest win. (mind you - I think the offer of a night off rehearsals is what really did it at leamington :))

It is a pleasure and delight to assist the lightening of his wallet as the self appointed captain of the formation drinking team :guiness

BottyBurp

Yes! He's even started to practise as he knows I respect him as a fine player and musician, just bursting to escape from within! :lol:

How do you know him?

And what do you play? We rehearse Mondays & Wednesdays (8 prompt! - 10 pm) and then pub (compulsory). Bb Bass or Baritone is the correct answer :wink:

BottyBurp

Re: Incentive to join

backrowbloke said:
It is a pleasure and delight to assist the lightening of his wallet as the self appointed captain of the formation drinking team :guiness

Yeah, my wallet certainly lost a lot of weight in a very short space of time - but it was worth it!

Same deal for the Area, OK?

imthemaddude

i play cornet and played for brass futures and occassional brass, halesowen and phoenix - thats how i know ken - tell i say a big hello - he's fab! I used to play in the same school bands and outside bands as the one and only lee drew!

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.