"The King's Squad" march by Richard Waterer

jobriant

Is this march published for Brass Band? If so, where might I purchase a set of parts & score?

Thank you,

Jim O'Briant, Gilroy, California, USA
Music Director / Staff Arranger, The Pacific Brass Band
www.PacificBrassBand.org

Slider1

Is this march published for Brass Band? If so, where might I purchase a set of parts & score?

Thank you,

www.PacificBrassBand.org
There is a recording of this on u tube, but no information, I think it's a Military Band. You could Contact the Royal Marines, as he was one of theirs before going across to you.
or you could acquire the military band set and adapt it
good luck

jobriant

There is a recording of this on u tube, but no information, I think it's a Military Band.
Yes, there are several recordings on YouTube, and all appear to by by wind bands. I was not aware of this march until I stumbled across it on YouTube earlier this week. It's a wonderful march!

You could Contact the Royal Marines, as he was one of theirs before going across to you. or you could acquire the military band set and adapt it
good luck
I've just found their website and sent them a message asking for (1) a source for a Brass Band edition, or (2) a source for a wind band edition and whom to contact for copyright clearance to arrange for Brass Band. I'll report back here on what I learn. Meanwhile, if anyone else has any information on a Brass Band edition of this march, please chime in!

www.PacificBrassBand.org

Jack E

@jobriant - good evening, Jim; I found a version on YouTube being played by a Dutch band, Adest Musica, based in Sassenheim, The Netherlands. The video clip is a bit fuzzy, but as far as I could see all of their instruments in the march that day were brass - no saxes, clarinets or flutes / piccolos. They may be able to steer you to a source of a brass band arrangement which will suit you.

These are contact details, and their web address:
PO Box 69
2170 AB Sassenheim
The Netherlands
Tel. +31 (0) 6 19 89 30 35
Adest Musica - Nieuws
E-mail: info@adestmusica.nl
The band manager's name is Wouter Firet;
E-mail: manager@adestmusica.nl

HTH, and best regards,
Jack

jobriant

@jobriant ... I found a version on YouTube being played by a Dutch band, Adest Musica, based in Sassenheim, The Netherlands. ...
Thank you, Jack, for this information and this link. It's the only YouTube video of this march I've found that's being played by a Brass Band rather than by a Wind Band / Military Band. I've just emailed them to see what information they can provide. Last week I also emailed the Band of the Royal Marines to see if they could be of help as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good luck in this search!

www.PacificBrassBand.org

Jack E

Got my fingers crossed for you, too, Jim - let us know how you get on, as I'm sure other bands might well be interested in playing it.

Best regards,

Jack

jobriant

... let us know how you get on, as I'm sure other bands might well be interested in playing it.
I've found an arranger with the rights to arrange this march, and I'm trying to put together an "arrangement commissioning consortium" -- a cooperative venture of 3 - 5 or more Brass Bands -- to pay for the arrangement at a reasonable price, with each band receiving a set of parts and score to the new arrangement. I've just started a new thread here, describing this project and inviting other bands to participate.

www.PacificBrassBand.org