THE GREATEST NEWS EVER!

kate_the_horn

well everyone, after months of trying i gave up attempting to double tongue, went home last night after choir at college, picked up my horn and DID IT!!!!

AND TRIPLE TONGED!!!!

SOOOOOOOO CHUFFED!!

Ta ta ka Ta KA!!

KEK

Nice one Kelly!!!!

Congrats!! I struggle quite a bit coz i haven't spent hours on it yet. Can do it well on trumpet but can't seem to get the hang of it on Flugel as easily. It will come with practise!!

Keep going!!

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

There we go Kelly, was that ok?? :lol:

tewkeshorn

Account Suspended
Well done, I've been trying for 5 years+ to triple tongue and it just comes out like a a ball of fluff playing a digeridoo... :p

And no I do know 'how' to do it and can triple tongue fine when not playing but as soon as I try and play it everything goes wrong! :?

Must have a mental condition or something... :(

kate_the_horn

same here!!
i tried on the trumpet 1st, just double tonging
gave up on the whole, "trying thing"
all of a sudden, after months!

DONE!

Kel

akwarose

tewkeshorn said:
And no I do know 'how' to do it and can triple tongue fine when not playing but as soon as I try and play it everything goes wrong! :?

(
yep, me too...i can do it, but i cant do it and play.... too much for my small braincell methinks....

well done tho!!!!! :D

cornetchap

Well done!

Like you I struggled with this but in the end I gave up "trying" and it just happened. I'm not very good but it's coming. I find it easier at the moment to triple tongue than double tongue though.

Cheers, Greg.

He, He! When opening this thread titled "The Greatest News Ever" I expected to see that you were pregnant - instead got double tongueing etc! It just shows how's people view on the greatest news ever can be so different.

Congratulations anyway.

ScrapingtheBottom

Not_Jus_An_Object said:
i find it really difficult on cornet. i was wondering if it was easier on larger mouthpieces coz i can double and triple quite well on baritone
I find everything difficult on the cornet :wink: :D .

drummergurl

i cant do double tongin or stuff like that but i can do my momma-daddas!

and my twin bro has just told me some random technical stuff on triple n double tongin and i didnt understand a word of it and he told me to post it here, but ill post this instead :shock:

ScrapingtheBottom said:
Not_Jus_An_Object said:
i find it really difficult on cornet. i was wondering if it was easier on larger mouthpieces coz i can double and triple quite well on baritone
I find everything difficult on the cornet :wink: :D .
I don't - I can almost play a C Major scale! :wink: :lol:

kate_the_horn

Kari Anson said:
He, He! When opening this thread titled "The Greatest News Ever" I expected to see that you were pregnant - instead got double tongueing etc! It just shows how's people view on the greatest news ever can be so different.

Congratulations anyway.
sorry to disapoint! im only 17 and at the moment, i was waiting for that!

wen i get preggers, ill entitle it "some rather good news!!)

Kek x

angie

woohoo its such a satisfying moment when you finally manage to go 'daga daga daga' to your hearts content after months of 'dag a faf a gahhh!can't do it!' and various words that would be considered anti-social to post on this forum... :D
congrats, now try the circular breathing...

stabbyjnr

i can double tongue on a whistle, but im gonna try in a bit so u no... hehe kate the horn is so annyoing mwahahah ahh sisterly love!

Trigger

Well done!! :D Be careful you don't start double tounging everything though, cos' that happened to me and then I found I couldn't single tounge anything faster than a hymn!! :? I happy to say that this problem is now in the process of being rectified by my teacher. :D